• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dragging his feet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denikae

What is the name of your state? California, My Mom passed away in July of 2002. My brother is executor, he sold my mothers house, (of which my daughter and I resided because I was my moms caregiver) and has done nothing since. He refuses to respond to the probate attorneys phone calls, messages, etc. I have hired a attorney who is doing absolutely nothing to expedite this. My brother and I are to split the estate 50/50 but he won't complete the process and distribute the funds. We are not on speaking terms so he won't accept my calls either. Help!

denikae

draggin his feet

Dandy Don said:
If probate is not finished, when is the next probate court hearing for this estate?
I check the case on line every so often and it is still active with no pending hearings. The last hearing was July 29, 2003 for confirmation of the sale of the house. The court is Hemet, Ca. and the case # is RIP083168. I gave the attorney I hired $2000.00 and he has used a little over $1000.00 in phone calls to me, the probate attorney and to my brother. And then of course the letters he sends to me to tell me of the phone call charges and then he charges me for the statement letter he sends. Am I getting screwed or what! Geez! I appreciate your quick reply. Thank you.

Deni

Last edited:

denikae

There is no date for a hearing. Only that the case is still active. Nothing has been recorded since July of 2003, which was the hearing on the sale of the house. The realtors have been paid.

Dandy Don

Did you sign a fee agreement with this attorney? He obviously can't force your brother to pay you the money, and I wonder if a court hearing is even necessary for that, since he is supposed to be doing that on his own.

Post your question to www.lawguru.com, another free advice website or consult with another attorney to find out what your next step should be. Probably sending brother a warning notice that if he doesn't pay up he will face legal action in court.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">