• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any answers appreciated!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimenez1440

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida but is federal case.

It is a question I have not been able to have answered.
It is one of the issues that underlie an appeal brief that is due soon and I do not know how to proceed.

On 04 October 2016 in DE 504 (docket entry) in the District Court,
I filed a request for information to the clerk of the court - he docketed it but never responded.
The information I repeat here is also stated in that docket entry.

The question is procedural and whether or not the timely procedure of the statute of limitations barring the proceedings is plain error and or barred the proceedings entirely.

History:
A plea agreement was signed by the ausa, atty and defendant on June 13 -2016.(filed on 06/19/15 as DE 436).
(A)---It contained acceptance of an information -
(B)---and acceptance of the charge - acknowledging it was barred by the statute of limitations.

THE PLEA AGREEMENT of 06/13/2016 WAS NOT EMBODIED IN ANY PROCEEDING
NOR WAS IT FILED ON THIS DATE NOR P R I O R
TO THE INFORMATION BEING FILED - nor until after the arraignment on 19 June 2016.
Arraignment was on 19 June 2016 at 10:30 - plea colloquy was on 19 June 2016 at 0100.

(THE SUPERSEDING INFORMATION WAS FILED AS D E 4 3 2 ON 1 5 J U N E 2 0 1 6).

On June 19 2016- the defendant was taken before a Magistrate -
The Magistrate was not notified of the plea agreement -
he asked for acceptance of the information -
the defendant accepted the information-
and the defendant PLEAD NOT GUILTY.
BUT HE DID NOT REFER NOR MENTION THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS BEING REMOVED FROM BARRING THE PROCEEDINGS).
Proceedings were docketed as DE 438 to 440 on June 19 2016.

OPINION:
The arraignment was effectively barred as the statute of limitations barred the information and or arraignment as the plea agreement was never filed until after the arraignment with a batch of entries reflecting the plea colloquy.

In various motion this has been mentioned to the court and the government - (as fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine, etc.).
NO response.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida but is federal case.

It is a question I have not been able to have answered.
It is one of the issues that underlie an appeal brief that is due soon and I do not know how to proceed.

On 04 October 2016 in DE 504 (docket entry) in the District Court,
I filed a request for information to the clerk of the court - he docketed it but never responded.
The information I repeat here is also stated in that docket entry.

The question is procedural and whether or not the timely procedure of the statute of limitations barring the proceedings is plain error and or barred the proceedings entirely.

History:
A plea agreement was signed by the ausa, atty and defendant on June 13 -2016.(filed on 06/19/15 as DE 436).
(A)---It contained acceptance of an information -
(B)---and acceptance of the charge - acknowledging it was barred by the statute of limitations.

THE PLEA AGREEMENT of 06/13/2016 WAS NOT EMBODIED IN ANY PROCEEDING
NOR WAS IT FILED ON THIS DATE NOR P R I O R
TO THE INFORMATION BEING FILED - nor until after the arraignment on 19 June 2016.
Arraignment was on 19 June 2016 at 10:30 - plea colloquy was on 19 June 2016 at 0100.

(THE SUPERSEDING INFORMATION WAS FILED AS D E 4 3 2 ON 1 5 J U N E 2 0 1 6).

On June 19 2016- the defendant was taken before a Magistrate -
The Magistrate was not notified of the plea agreement -
he asked for acceptance of the information -
the defendant accepted the information-
and the defendant PLEAD NOT GUILTY.
BUT HE DID NOT REFER NOR MENTION THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS BEING REMOVED FROM BARRING THE PROCEEDINGS).
Proceedings were docketed as DE 438 to 440 on June 19 2016.

OPINION:
The arraignment was effectively barred as the statute of limitations barred the information and or arraignment as the plea agreement was never filed until after the arraignment with a batch of entries reflecting the plea colloquy.

In various motion this has been mentioned to the court and the government - (as fruit of the poisonous tree doctrine, etc.).
NO response.
who are you in this situation?

quincy

I only briefly looked over what you wrote but the statute of limitations is an affirmative defense to an action.

What exactly is your friend looking for here? He plead guilty to the charge, correct?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If there was a plea of some sort then an appeal is untimely. If there was not a plea NONE OF THIS makes sense.

Just Blue

If there was a plea of some sort then an appeal is untimely. If there was not a plea NONE OF THIS makes sense.
I am wondering if OP is practicing without a license. Based on the first 2 lines of his/her posting.

"It is a question I have not been able to have answered."
It is one of the issues that underlie an appeal brief that is due soon and I don't know how to proceed".

quincy

I am wondering if OP is practicing without a license. Based on the first 2 lines of his/her posting.

"It is a question I have not been able to have answered."
It is one of the issues that underlie an appeal brief that is due soon and I don't know how to proceed".
I read the original post as having been written by the friend, with Jimenez merely printing the friend's question here to be answered ... not that it can be answered without some clarification.

But if Jimenez is thinking he can help his friend with anything but information (like writing an appeal brief for him), he will not be able to do that unless he is licensed to practice law.

Last edited:

quincy

Here is a link to Jimenez's new thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/slander-invites-centers-around-due-process-645888.html

Additional related questions and comments should be added to this thread, Jimenez. Thanks.

Edit to add:

If your girlfriend's father was called a N@zi in court, it is not actionable slander, even if provably false. What is said in the course of or in reference to a judicial proceeding is absolutely privileged (immune from suit).

Does the father believe he was not represented properly because his attorney was Jewish?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">