• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my parole officer demand a key to my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latigo

quincy; said:
Theft by the parole officer of the parolee's belongings was not even a considered concern for me. The parole officer walking in on a parolee's private intimate moments WAS a considered concern.
Why are taking a simply question of the right of a parole officer to demand a key to a parolee's home - which could refer to a one time isolated request screaming with probable cause (even though it is not necessary for a reasonable search) - and blowing it up as a general proposition of the right of a parole officer to have permanent access to a parolee's private residence?! . . . . Monday boredoms?

Last edited:

LdiJ

Why are taking a simply question of the right of a parole officer to demand a key to a parolee's home - which could refer to a one time isolated request screaming with probable cause (even though it is not necessary for a reasonable search) - and blowing it up as a general proposition of the right of a parole officer to have permanent access to a parolee's private residence?! . . . . Monday boredoms?
There was no indication at all that this was a potential one time isolated request.

quincy

Nope. Sunday boredoms. I am over it today. :)

latigo

There was no indication at all that this was a potential one time isolated request.
Nor is there any indication that a Minnesota PO has ever demanded of a parolee that he produce a key to his residence. If you'll back track over the copious dialogue you'll find that it is a topical "what if" question! And in another vein or another time might have received the frequent "do-your-own-homework" response.

quincy

Nor is there any indication that a Minnesota PO has ever demanded of a parolee that he produce a key to his residence. If you'll back track over the copious dialogue you'll find that it is a topical "what if" question! And in another vein or another time might have received the frequent "do-your-own-homework" response.
It would be nice if Zeussgunner would return to the forum to expand a bit on his question or tell us if he was asking only out if curiosity. But because we covered the legal territory pretty well, we probably already addressed whatever concerns he had.

quincy

THIS:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93cwalken.phtml

is all I can think of.
Hahaha. Psychic Friends Network. :D

A reason for the parole officer's demand that we hadn't considered: "I'd like to be your soulmate ... and have a key to your house."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">