• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drug Court/Rehab Sentence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karden

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

Can anyone tell me the criteria for being accepted into Drug Court or Rehab program in Arkansas?

Ex-SIL was charged with:
"use of Meth"
"intent to sell" (meth)
"paraphenalia for manufacturing" (meth"
and another "fraud" charge

We believe that this is her first offense and her mother tells us that she (ex-SIL) is working on getting into the Rehab. program (a 30-day program).
I think this doesn't sound right. I've read that Arkansas is a "you serve a mandatory 70% of your sentence" state and the sentence could be 10-40 years, so how can one with these charges get a 30-day Rehab. program?

She has been incarcerated since 12/7 and has a hearing on 1/5.....could this be the sentencing hearing?

Any information on the subject is appreciated.

karden

snostar said:
Based on the charges you posted, she may or may not be offered the option of a deferred sentence through drug court. Here is some information about Arkansas Mandatory sentence and drug court:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:CoV6Ob57qq0J:users.aristotle.net/~lwvpc/April%202003.pdf+arkansas+law+deferred+sentence+rehab&hl=en
Thank you for the information. I'm hoping with the "intent" and "paraphenalia" charge she won't be offered drug court. It seems too easy. She's "skated" for years getting away with things and making other lives miserable, I hoping this time she won't get off so easy.

I appreciate your response.

mommy2mycutie

My brother is also in jail in Clark Co (Arkadelphia). He was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia (2 felonies).

At first he was told he would get Drug Court (be tested for drugs 3 times a week for a yr) and 5 yrs probation.

But he broke the order of protection is wife had against him by writing her 3 letters from jail.

So now Drug Court or Teen Challenge (rehab center) was rejected by the Prosecutor and he is now facing 20 yrs (10 for the drugs and 10 for theft of property) plus 4 yrs DCC (Dept of Correction facility in Texarkana).

Our daddy, who use to be on the Jefferson County and Pulaski County sheriff's dept, said my brother would only have to serve 1/3 of that time, but my brother says no, that he'd have to serve 1/2 of the time (not sure which is correct).

If this is your ex-sil first offense, it's possible she'll only get Drug Court. This isn't my brother's first offense though. He was arrested in Heber Springs a few yrs ago with drugs, he snitched on some other druggies, was sent to Teen Challenge in Ohio, stayed the min time there (14 mos) and left. Then he was arrested again in Little Rock about 6 mos later, snitched on other druggies, was sent to the GYST house, stayed the min sentence there, arrested again in Arkadelphia less than 6 months later, where he has been for 6 months (Aug 3).

Anyways, I'm not a lawyer, but thought I'd share my experience (or my brother's, lol) with ya. HTH

Your brother needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.Either that or lay off the dope. Snitching is a pathetic and unrespectable action.

mommy2mycutie

watchthelaw said:
Your brother needs to learn how to keep his mouth shut.Either that or lay off the dope. Snitching is a pathetic and unrespectable action.
Why, are you one of the druggies he has snitched on??

Either THAT or lay off the dope??

You think if he learns to keep his mouth shut it's ok to stay on the drugs? Sounds like you're a little high yourself right now...or just psycho...

MUIRSADIE

Watchthelaw is right your bro needs to keep his mouth shut, I am surprised he is still walking around, He should be in a grave!!!

mommy2mycutie

MUIRSADIE said:
Watchthelaw is right your bro needs to keep his mouth shut, I am surprised he is still walking around, He should be in a grave!!!
MUIRSADIE said:
What is the name of your state?Utah
I am 41 yrs. old I was born in England, when I was 5 yrs old my family went to Calif. on a 2-week visa and we never went back. I have graduated from a Utah High School, I registered for the Selective Service when I was 16 because that was the law. I had a temporary residents card but it expired in 1986. I have paid taxes ever since I was 16yrs old. I have even spent time in the Salt Lake County Jail (1 year) I am currently on supervised probation.
I have been married twice both to American Citizens and I have a 21 yr old son who was born in Utah. How come my alien status has never came up?
What should I do I want to become an American Citizen, I do not even remember England. My family members have all gotten their citizenships I am the last one. Any advise would be welcomed. Would getting an attorney be the best bet for me.
Thank You
In your own words you spent time in jail for a yr and are currently on supervised probation -

Do all you druggies stick together?? Someone rat on you and now you're pissed off?

I personally think all druggies should be ratted out so they all are taken off the streets.

As for you thinking my brother should be in his grave - you have no compassion for humanity. He is a son, brother, and a father of a beautiful 2 yr old daughter. I can't believe that you would wish death on someone you don't even know, esp someone with a family that needs him.

You're a jerk!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">