• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Early Termination of probation and Expungement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

punypowr

Question.
I was convicted last Aug for a gross misdemeanor "Using Deadly Weapon" In Benton Co. WA. It was a lame case where I was conceal carring a side arm and had an altercation with a neighbor that was attacking my children while I was away from home. (Only words used no actions). Judge didnt want to hear the case and preferred a deferment but prosecutor would let it go. I was given no jail time, $800 in fines, surrendered my side arm and 2 yrs probation. Since conviction I am unable to secure a job due to background checks. So my question is: Is it possible to go before a judge and get my probation dismissed and file for Expungement before my 2 yrs is up? I have not had any other issues with the law. If so what forms would I need to file.

Thanks for any insight.

Just Blue

Question.
I was convicted last Aug for a gross misdemeanor "Using Deadly Weapon" In Benton Co. WA. It was a lame case where I was conceal carring a side arm and had an altercation with a neighbor that was attacking my children while I was away from home. (Only words used no actions). Judge didnt want to hear the case and preferred a deferment but prosecutor would let it go. I was given no jail time, $800 in fines, surrendered my side arm and 2 yrs probation. Since conviction I am unable to secure a job due to background checks. So my question is: Is it possible to go before a judge and get my probation dismissed and file for Expungement before my 2 yrs is up? I have not had any other issues with the law. If so what forms would I need to file.

Thanks for any insight.
You really need to consult with a local attorney on this. IMO this is not a situation that strangers on the net should or even could assist with.

PayrollHRGuy

Without more information on the specifics (like it was classified as a violent offense) we can't tell you if you will ever be able to have it expunged. There is certainly no chance of having it done prior to your probation being completed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">