• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony Expunged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denrock1078

What is the name of your state? IL

I need to know how to go about getting a felony charge from 1997 taken off my record. The charges occurred in Illinois and Georgia but I now live in AR if that matters at all.

Any help would be appreciated as this may affect my fiances child custody case.

Thank you

Betty

denrock1078 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I need to know how to go about getting a felony charge from 1997 taken off my record. The charges occurred in Illinois and Georgia but I now live in AR if that matters at all.

Any help would be appreciated as this may affect my fiances child custody case.

Thank you
Are you saying you had two felony charges in 1997 - one in Il. & one in Ga? What was/were the felony charge(s) against you?

denrock1078

Betty said:
Are you saying you had two felony charges in 1997 - one in Il. & one in Ga? What was/were the felony charge(s) against you?

resulted in just one felony charge. I was arrested in GA and extradited back to IL.
The charge is for theft.....they dropped the charge as low as they could.

Betty

denrock1078 said:
resulted in just one felony charge. I was arrested in GA and extradited back to IL.
The charge is for theft.....they dropped the charge as low as they could.
Ok. (The reason I asked is because you might have had a problem with 2 felonies & also some convictions can never be expunged.) Filing for expungement can be done yourself but your best bet would be to contact a criminal attorney who would be knowledgeable about expungement law & who can also file the papers for you. This charge may not qualify for expungement (Il.) but I would see what an attorney can do for you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">