• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice (any previous experience or advice?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeyD

I live in Kansas. However my question involves Missouri.

I am an ex-offender, convicted of felony marijuana sales in Missouri from 1978.
I was sentenced to 8 years in MSP. I served successfull and was paroled in 1981.
I spent the next 10 calander years on parole (5 additional under a then, current Missouri statute that allowed additional time for drug offenders). I received a "RESTORATION OF CIVIL RIGHTS" issued by the Missouri Parole Board and signed by then Govenor John Ashcroft in 1988.

Question: Is this the same as the FULL pardon as indicated on the Dept. of Corrections website (http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/prob/ExecClem.htm)?

Question2: I know this will not expunge my arrest record. However, on an employment application, do I have to indicate that I have a conviction? I am a computer worker, and ever since 9/11 it seems the background checks are getting much more thorough and
my arrest popped up after almost 30 years.

JETX

Is this the same as the FULL pardon as indicated on the Dept. of Corrections website?[/url]
No.

on an employment application, do I have to indicate that I have a conviction?
Depends on the question asked. If it asks if you have EVER been convicted, the only accurate answer is yes. If you don't answer honestly and get caught lying, you will likely be terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">