• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contact with family members legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alanlecher77

My brother's baby mom has a no-contact with me / my parole agent. She had a drug case 10 years ago but is no longer on probation or parole and has not had any drug charge at sense. Is it legal for my parole agent to keep this no-contact on me and her hindering me from seeing my nephew. I am in Wisconsin and I'm not sure how the administrative law works with that or if he has the right to do this. Please help me.

quincy

My brother's baby mom has a no-contact with me / my parole agent. She had a drug case 10 years ago but is no longer on probation or parole and has not had any drug charge at sense. Is it legal for my parole agent to keep this no-contact on me and her hindering me from seeing my nephew. I am in Wisconsin and I'm not sure how the administrative law works with that or if he has the right to do this. Please help me.
If there is a no contact order still in place for you, you cannot have contact with your nephew's mom. You can (potentially) see your nephew when he is with your brother. You can also speak to your parole officer about a modification of your conditions of parole.

Last edited:

quincy

To answer your title question: Yes, it is legal as a condition of probation/parole to keep family members apart.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">