• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what I should use for plea bargain...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluenose11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

I am being charged with child endangerment. I went to a late lunch with a couple clients and had a couple drinks. I then went to pick up my child from daycare and the daycare owner smelled alcohol on my breath. She proceeded to call the cops on me. A couple months later the cops called to let me know I needed to turn myself in. I did. But I am not sure what my plea should be because, yes, I am guilty of having a couple of drinks, but they wrote on the police report 'intoxicated', and that I was not. I cannot afford a lawyer and my charge is a b misdemeanor so I cannot have one appointed either. What is my best bet, I've never been in trouble before, this is just a one time misjudgment on my part! How much trouble could I possibly be in??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

But I am not sure what my plea should be because, yes, I am guilty of having a couple of drinks, but they wrote on the police report 'intoxicated', and that I was not.
So, there is your 'plea'. Nolo contendere with extenuating circumstances. Offer your explanation to the court.... and the court will decide where the facts fall.

bluenose11

See? Never been in trouble! I really appreciate the response. Now, my sister came to pick me up that night because they required me to have a ride home (which was only like 3 miles up the street)...my sister claims she could've sworn they asked me for a Breathalyzer and that I refused, but that would only be because I was all confused and upset and shocked at the entire situation, not knowing how to respond to anything. I don't remember them asking me that and I am wondering if that could go against me at all. Goodness, one slight mistake can cause so much aggravation! I would advise people out there to avoid this by not having any drinks if driving, by calling a friend/family member, or calling a taxi!! Yes, even a beer or two can cause ALL THIS!!! Yikes...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">