• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole Officer Notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Utah Inquiry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UT

I am on Parole for a DUI and recieved a citation yesterday. It was for a misdemenor, and was told that I needed to notify my Parole Officer. I cannot tell what the citation was for, they told me an open container violation, but I was not in a car. The Code # is 11.12.065

I did not have any drinks in my hand and was sitting where there were open beer cans, but I am not clear what the violation was.
Does the PO notify the Judge, or does the PO have some discretion of thier own to follow.

CourtClerk

They have guidelines. This doesn't necessarily mean you're going to jail. Call PO before they find out on their own though... so Monday morning, make the call.

Utah Inquiry

Thank you. Since my conviction was alchohol related, do you think that the citation being alchohol related will automatically send me to jail again. I do not want to go to jail. I already have been ordered to seek counseling which I really think is a good idea since I cannot kick the desire to drink.

Utah Inquiry

Plea in Abeyance

if I take a plea in abeyance and meet the terms of the plea will it be considered a violation of the probation if the record is cleared?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">