• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plea bargain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sapo123

What is the name of your state? ohio. i have a brother that was raped by a man in the early 90's and we are from a religious family so when he saw the man again in 1999 they developed a friendship and got a place together. the man tried to pursue a sexual relationship with my brother and when my brother refused the man said he would kill him before he let someone else have him. they got into a struggle that resulted in my brother killing the man. since my brother became close to the family he decided to take a plea bagain then to see the family have to go thru a trial and since he has been in jail he has wondered if he had did the right thing since he believes it was in self defense. is there any way he can appeal the plea bargain or get a new trial?

P

PerfidyorFealty

What religion would instruct its followers to become involved with their rapist if they should happen to run into them somewhere after the rape occurred? That is the most bizaare thing I have ever heard.

H

hmmbrdzz

sapo123 said:
What is the name of your state? ohio. i have a brother that was raped by a man in the early 90's and we are from a religious family so when he saw the man again in 1999 they developed a friendship and got a place together. the man tried to pursue a sexual relationship with my brother and when my brother refused the man said he would kill him before he let someone else have him. they got into a struggle that resulted in my brother killing the man. since my brother became close to the family he decided to take a plea bagain then to see the family have to go thru a trial and since he has been in jail he has wondered if he had did the right thing since he believes it was in self defense. is there any way he can appeal the plea bargain or get a new trial?

He's been in prison too long. If there's a way he can do anything now, he'll find that way better from where he's sitting (in prison) than he will if he deploys you (on the outside) to find an answer for him. And that's no joke.

hmmbrdzz

Z

zappy

Your brother has to come to grips with his gayness, and he will do so in prison.

Religious people are the most prone to violence is this situation, his god made him kill!

S

Son_of_Spam

Re: flea bargain

If he was raped by a 90 year old man, he has no chance in prison.

B

Boxcarbill

sapo123 said:
Look you are a family member and you have to believe your brother but the reality is that your brother took the plea bargain offer because it was in his best interest to do so. Self defense is just that a defense to the charge of murder. Your brother recognized that only family would believe his story and so rather than risk a stiffer conviction from a jury, he copped to a plea. In answer to your question regarding appeal of the plea bargain, no.

Now let me tell you what you and his family can do to really help him. Accept the reality that your brother is gay and that he killed his lover in a heat passion. It will make your brother's time much easier if he doesn't have to keep playing a role of innocent victim for the family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">