• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reduce charge from felony to lesser charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nktget

What is the name of your state? calif. only 1 felony conviction that was 8 yrs ago it was on a drug possesion charge my 1st offence nothing since can i have it reduced so i can have my rights back someday?

C

CombatTN88

nktget said:
What is the name of your state? calif. only 1 felony conviction that was 8 yrs ago it was on a drug possesion charge my 1st offence nothing since can i have it reduced so i can have my rights back someday?
You can't have your felony conviction reduced to misdemeanour because you were CONVICTED OF FELONY. If you strike a plea bargin that can get you reduced misdemeanour, then yes, but since you were convicted of felony, you can't do that. The only way you can is to try to get it expunged off.

Good Luck,

Combat

S

shantrbl

this is how it works in california...if you did not do any state prison time and completed your probation without any violations then you qualify for expungement or reduction to misdemeanor. If you did prison time or were paroled or violated your probation you dont qualify for expungement or a reduction to a misdemeanor. also reducing your felony to a misdemeanor only restores some of your rights...not all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">