• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can and what cant a Parole officer do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chaz801

'What is the name of your state (only U.S. Law)? Utah

My mom is on parole and I live with my mom. My question is, can he tell my mom and enforce that there is to be no Red clothing in the house and if he finds any while do a house search that he will put her back in prison on the charges of violation of parole. Can he really do this?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

My mom is on parole and I live with my mom. My question is, can he tell my mom and enforce that there is to be no Red clothing in the house and if he finds any while do a house search that he will put her back in prison on the charges of violation of parole. Can he really do this?
Depends on your mother's crime. Was she a gang member? Is red the gang color? She would get a hearing prior to being returned to prison. Of what was your mother convicted?

LdiJ

Depends on your mother's crime. Was she a gang member? Is red the gang color? She would get a hearing prior to being returned to prison. Of what was your mother convicted?
I thought of the potential for red being a gang color...but can you think of any other reason? Other than that potential it seems a bit odd.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I thought of the potential for red being a gang color...but can you think of any other reason? Other than that potential it seems a bit odd.
The crime committed matters. I also get the idea that maybe the red shirt could be an example so that OP doesn't given the actual details.

CdwJava

I was wondering why the OP capitalized "Red?" Is this about shirts being the color red? Or, about a brand of clothing called "red?" Or, as Ohiogal suggests, simply an example (a red herring, if you will) to avoid giving up the actual prohibited item?

davew128

I was wondering why the OP capitalized "Red?" Is this about shirts being the color red? Or, about a brand of clothing called "red?" Or, as Ohiogal suggests, simply an example (a red herring, if you will) to avoid giving up the actual prohibited item?
Or maybe the PO is a Star Trek fan and doesn't want to see something bad happen to his parolee? :D

lisalava224

red is the color of the gang the blxxds...I can see why that could present issues for your Mom with parole

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">