• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Grandparents want to take child out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

christina510

What is the name of your state? California

My husband wants to let his parents take our 9 year old daughter to Florida for 2 weeks. I don't feel comfortable letting her go. Do I have any rights seeing as we are still married??? What do ???

T

tigger2two

Whats the problem??

why do you have such a problem with it? You guys are still together its not like they are going to kidnap her. They are her grandparents. Unless you have reason to suspect abuse i say let her go have fun. Children love being spoiled by their grandparents, and it will give you and your husband some time alone.

nextwife

Gosh, I have friends whose Grandparents took them on vacation to Europe or the Middle East! I'm not sure either why this is a problem, either. Are they unfit? Not well?

Are you talking a an extended trip, or a day long excursion? I mean, if my mom wanted to take my kid to Chicago for the day to see a show and shop, I'm sure my hubby would think that was a nice opportunity for them to spend time together

nextwife

I have no idea. My mom is 74 and not in great health, so two weeks would be a bit much for her.

I only wish my kid still had other living grandparents to go visit!

T

tigger2two

Let the grandparents take them. enjoy yourself for two weeks!! parents need a break every once in a while so that they dont end up like the rest of us here. You would much rather have your hubby then custody suit papers TRUST US!!! grandparents wanting vacations with kids shouldn't be an issue. (unless like we asked is there a good reason that you are worried about it?)

tcpmp

As of right now you have no legal rights as to what your husband does unless it endangers the child. I agree with the other repliers. What is your problem with allowing the grandparents this time? It sounds like you are just spiteful and want your way. Stop being selfish, your not the only person in the family.

frylover

Unless you have a valid reason, let this one go. It's not worth causing strife in your marriage. My girls both started spending a week with their grandparents as babies. My mother in law is NOT my favorite person but she loves her grandchildren and takes good care of them....maybe not always exactly how I would, but they are in good, safe hands.

And, from a very selfish standpoint, the break is WONDERFUL! The girls are there as we speak. Hubby and I are going out to dinner and do a little shopping and maybe watch a movie....all without having to cut anyone's food, settle any squabbles, pour any juice, wipe any....never mind! :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">