• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Card Holder - Few Questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xtxdx

What is the name of your state? California.

I got a DUI in June, suspending my license.
Recently, I got a citation for driving under suspended license.

Q
Is this going to affect my privilege to citizenship??
Is this considered a felony?
My passport has expired, and I was wondering if I need a valid passport to apply for citizenship?!

Please Help!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xtxdx said:
What is the name of your state? California.

I got a DUI in June, suspending my license.
Recently, I got a citation for driving under suspended license.

Q
Is this going to affect my privilege to citizenship??
Is this considered a felony?
My passport has expired, and I was wondering if I need a valid passport to apply for citizenship?!

Please Help!!

My response:

Oh, yeah. Like we'd really want you, a drunken idiot, to become a citizen. You're on your way home, whether you know it or not.

IAAL

X

xtxdx

Oh It's You.

The Famous IAAL. I read some posts by you. And that's all I'm going to say.

ImmigAttyLana

were you charged and convicted? what was the penalty other than the suspended license f or the first offense? what was it for the second offense? do you have court documents regarding the disposition of your case?

X

xtxdx

ImmigAttyLana said:
were you charged and convicted? what was the penalty other than the suspended license f or the first offense? what was it for the second offense? do you have court documents regarding the disposition of your case?
My case for the DUI was dismissed, and I didn't have to appear at court. But my license is still suspended. I haven't called DMV at all about reinstating my license but I've been advised that I should.

The first ticket for the DUI, Infraction was circled on it. The second ticket for driving under suspended license, Misdeamenor was circled on it.

So would you say DUI is First Offense, and Driving-under-suspended-license is Second offense?

As for court documents, I have no information on that. But I have to go to court in October for driving under suspended license.

I'm not sure if this answered your question, but I appreciate you posting the message. Thanks.

ImmigAttyLana

You'd have to disclose both incidents and make sure you have an analysis done of the offenses to explain in the application why they should not make you inadmissible under the immigration laws.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ImmigAttyLana said:
You'd have to disclose both incidents and make sure you have an analysis done of the offenses to explain in the application why they should not make you inadmissible under the immigration laws.

My response:

Well, it had to happen sooner or later . . .

Lana and I finally agree.

Our writer will be able to "explain"; however, there's no "legally cognizable" reason or excuse for driving drunk, and driving on a suspended license. So, he can write and "explain" all he wants, but our writer will soon be on a slow boat back to China.

Thank goodness!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

xtxdx said:
You. Poor. Thing.

My response:

Not me. I'm quite wealthy! And I was born here! I am a true, red-blooded American!

Besides, you're the one going "bye-bye" when the INS officers are waiting for you after you're released from jail. You. Poor. Stupid. Foreign. Thing.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Good-bye to you!

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Not me. I'm quite wealthy! And I was born here! I am a true, red-blooded American!

Besides, you're the one going "bye-bye" when the INS officers are waiting for you after you're released from jail. You. Poor. Stupid. Foreign. Thing.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Good-bye to you!

IAAL
Yeah, he had three threads going here trying to get the answer he wants here, he is another of them. https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194020
Appearently he thinks it is ok to drive under the influlence and/or with a suspended license because he goes to school.

I used to work in Berkeley and we always wanted to park in the company parking lot which had limited space and not on the street because our cars were targets for unliscensed, uninsured foreign college students and/or their dependents. During the 8 years we worked in that building at least 5 of us had our parked cars hit by unlicensed/uninsured foreign students. But worst of all were the at least 6 MVA's which occured right in front of the building, with included at least 3 fatialities that occured during that same time. And you know they will just go and do it again because they have no regard for our laws they think because they have a visa to attend school they can do anything they please.

I was hit by an "illegal" who didn't speak English, no insurance, no license and no seat belts, I no longer drive as a result of the injuries I suffered in that accident, guess who still drives?

Advice to OP, go to court in October and plan on going home, forever if you chose not to follow our laws.

X

xtxdx

ImmigAttyLana said:

Well I've got the Advice I needed On This Matter.

I only made two other threads because they were under THREE different Topics. I thought I'd get advice on each matter separately, instead of dumping them all under one topic, which makes it long and boring to read. Dividing one matter into three separate ones seems to have made people angry or irritable, which does not make sense to me. I'm closing this thread. It's a DONE deed. If anybody has any other comments, go HERE so you'll get the whole story:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194010

rmet4nzkx

xtxdx said:
Well I've got the Advice I needed On This Matter.

I only made two other threads because they were under THREE different Topics. I thought I'd get advice on each matter separately, instead of dumping them all under one topic, which makes it long and boring to read. Dividing one matter into three separate ones seems to have made people angry or irritable, which does not make sense to me. I'm closing this thread. It's a DONE deed. If anybody has any other comments, go HERE so you'll get the whole story:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=194010
It's not as easy as that because you did not close the thread. LOL! Also by taking your advice piecemeal you are not necessiarly getting the advice required to remedy your situation, that is why people got upset with you, because we need all the important information otherwise we cannot give you the appropriate advice, the only one to suffer is you. But with your total disregard for the law you needn't worry about being here much after October after you appear on your driving without a license Charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">