• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Most Stupid Posts Of 2004!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Well, here it is again folks - - the Unofficial Annual "Most Stupid Posts" Contest! It's been an eventful 2004, with some really strange, wacky, and ridiculous posts, some of which are represented below. These are what I consider the "best", the "cream of the crop". The competition was fierce and writers were tripping all over themselves to get on the "List". These are the lucky ones, so have fun and relive the posts that we all had to endure reading. Join me in a chuckle or two as we all wander down "memory lane" and wonder how these people go through life . . .

============================================================

NUMBER ONE:

ilovehim
DH Sexually Oriented Offender
What is the name of your state? OHIO
My Boyfriend was arrested in November for a parole violation due to having contat with a minor. The sherrif that arrested him has been causing problems since he was out in September. Is there anything that can be done about how he was treated? Please help thank you.
[And the writer continues . . .]
No I am not the minor involved, I am 19 years old. I was involved with when he got out in September of this year.
The sherrif is treating him very rudely.. When he arrested my bf he didnt explain what he was being arrested for and he threw him up against the car very hard.
He was treated very rudely.
I know there is no problem with him being arrested for a parole violation, but shouldnt they have told him what he was being arrested for?
I NEED ACTUAL LEGAL ADVICE PLEASE
[And the writer continues . . .]
I was there when he got arrested so I know how it happened plus I have known my boyfriend my whole life so I know more about him then you think I do.

=============================================================
NUMBER TWO:

speedcam

minor kids and automobiles

What is the name of your state? wisconsin

i was wondering if anyone here can give me an age that a child can go out and start a car for their father while he is sleeping so its warmed up for him? is it age 8 or 10?

==============================================================
NUMBER THREE

thelarster

Assualt / Battery Charge Advice

What is the name of your state? MI

I was just informed by the police that I have a charge against me for hitting a guy once in a bar. He did get a slight black eye and we were both drunk. That was the only punch thrown. Any advice? Should I get a lawyer, just plea guilty, etc...

02-04-2004 12:04 PM

My response:

Let's see . . .

You assaulted and battered someone. Then, you get on the Internet, and finally find this site. Then, you take the time to figure out how to work this site, and decide to go through all of the work to register.

Then, after all that, you ask, "Should I get a lawyer, just plea guilty, etc..."

I think you should opt for the "etc."

IAAL

AND THEN "THELARSTER" WRITES BACK - -

thelarster
Actually I posted this for a friend so I am not getting sued for anything.

My comment:
OH, YEAH, RIGHT . . . .

IAAL

============================================================
NUMBER FOUR:

zoie510
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2001

Staff Parking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? California

My boss has an assigned parking spot at our building that the staff will park in when he is away on business, at meetings or parked in front of the building. Recently he became peeved at me because I - unknowingly - didn't move my car for him to park and he has banned me from parking in the spot. The other staff is allowed to continue the parking in the spot. Can he do this?

======================================================

NUMBER FIVE:

rosie5940
Junior Member Join Date: May 2004

after final divorce;can I be not divorced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? Va.
I have a final decree of divorce, but now my (ex-husband) is saying we are not really divorced. I got re married two months ago. The month before the divorce was final there was a little interlude of a sexual nature between us. Does this mean that we really are not divorced? H got his set of papers and he kept our kids when I went to get remarried and have my honeymoon, none of it was a secret. Let me know.

NUMBER SIX:

pamelab25

Robbery

------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

What is the name of your state? PA. I suspect a contractor working in my home of stealing. What are my options? Thank you.

#2 Today, 10:26 AM
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE
Señor Member Join Date: Jan 2000

My response:

From a legal standpoint, nothing unless you can prove it. Suspicions are not good enough.

From a practical standpoint, you can either:

1. Fire him;

2. Keep a close watch on him;

3. Remove all valuables from your home.

IAAL

#3 Today, 10:39 AM
pamelab25

Robbery

------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Thank you for your response. The items stolen were 2 bras. The work is almost complete. Am I putting myself in jeopardy not firing the firm now. (The suspected worker is an employee.) I have arranged to have my locks rekeyed after the work is completed and am considering a security system. For the remainder of the work, I have arranged for someone to be present in my home at all times. Should I notify the police?

#4 Today, 12:30 PM
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You wrote to this forum, and actually took the time to go through the entire process of becoming a "member" over the value of two USED BRAS?? What's the "garage sale" value of TWO USED BRAS, anyway - - $3.00??

And here, I had visions of family heirlooms, jewelry, electronics, etc. And you're talking about TWO USED BRAS??

Lady, you're loonier than a loon.

IAAL

=====================================================

NUMBER SEVEN:

crapyking

got a call from wifes boyfriend last night

What is the name of your state?ny. giy called claiming to be boyfriend - she claims it was a prank but i dont believe her. i want to move out. have 2 kids - 123 & 14. what do i need to do/know b4 packing bags!

-----------------------------------------------

My response:

You got a kid that's 123 years old?

IAAL

===================================================

NUMBER EIGHT:

Help please

I need some help

What is the name of your state? IL

There was a picture of my butt sent to my co-workers from the GM of the company I worked for... I quit and found a new job because of it... I just now am getting up the courage to do something about it. Have I missed a time frame or anything? If I haven't worked for the company for several months, but have the evidence should I go to see a lawyer... Help Please!!!

CONTINUED ON NEXT POST . . .

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

====================================================

NUMBER NINE:

karenor
Junior Member Join Date: Jun 2004

Nephew's Legal Problem

Our nephew got out of prison one year ago and has been doing excellent. He had been in prison for identity theft and served four years. About three months ago he went to the local DMV to get his license back. After a few minutes the clerk informed our nephew that he would not be getting his id card back. Unbeknownst to our nephew the clerk had phoned the police because there was a notation on his driving file that said he was never to be issued a drivers license. About one block from the DMV a police car passed our nephew and did a uturn and came back to our nephew who was walking to a friends. The police asked him to identify himself and he did. The police produced the id card and gave it back to our nephew. A police officer asked if he could search our nephew's backpack. Having nothing to hide our nephew complied with the police request and the police looked into his backpack. Our nephew was shocked when he was immediately placed under arrest. The police had three items they had taken from our nephew's backpack that they felt were not right. One item was mail addressed to our neighbor. The second item was a blank check belonging to our niece's's boyfriend and the final item was an old piece of paper from a wallet type check book. The police claimed the piece of paper was an id. Our nephew looked at it and saw that it was some paper from his old id theft days. An older niece's had kept clothes and belongings for our nephew while he was in jail. One box contained a leather wallet-checkbook. Our nephew had been using the plastic type supplied by the bank and had tossed the leather item into his backpack so that at a later time he could get it set up for current use. It is this item that contained what the police said was a forged instrument and later upgraded to identity theft. The blank check was in our nephew's possession as he intended to get it back to his sister. She had come to visit us and had brought along a few checks to pay bills for her live-in boyfriend. The mail from our neighbors was in our nephew's possession because our mail boxes are in the country and right next to each other in a group of six mail boxes. Our nephew said that he had thrown the one piece of mail into his bag to return it to the mail box of the neighbor next time he went to the mail boxes. Our nephew got a court appointed lawyer. The lawyer says that things look bad for our nephew because of his previous prison time and previous record. Yes he did wrong before, but this current situation is not a crime. A few weeks after being arrested at the DMV we took our nephew to another DMV closer to our home. This time he was taking his drivers test and the police were phoned again! These police were from a different town. The police this time let our nephew finish the test and then explained about the notation on our nephew's driving file that said he should never get a drivers license. The policeman had the DMV clerk make two separate phone calls and then had the DMV clerk remove the item from our nephew's file. How different it was handled at this DMV! We told this policeman what had happened to our nephew before. The policeman didn't have an answer for that question except to say that the police in the other jurisdiction were notorious for jostling felons. We realize our nephew's past history precedes him and he must learn to live with the searches and hassle. That is fine, but now he has a legal situation where he could indeed be returned to prison. Each item is easily explained away, but also each item looks suspicious when scrutinized by the district attorney. Our son's court appointed attorney says that this item should go to trial. The attorney does not want our nephew to have a trial in front of a jury, but just in front of the judge. Wouldn't a jury be better? Please believe me this young man has done nothing wrong. The smudged piece of paper that the district attorney is calling a forged id is nothing that could be used on the street and is four years old! Oregon has a get tough stance on id theft. Shouldn't this kid get a plea bargain? In Oregon it is an automatic 13 months for id theft. Our nephew would be getting about 26 months because of a an upward departure due to his previous prison conviction. Believe me if there was any hint that this young man had done anything wrong or was trying to do something wrong we would simply stand back and let the chips fall where they may. We feel it is a case of overzealous cops and now the district attorney must feel that they have to do something with this case. The district attorney can not most likely believe that our nephew has changed his spots. He has. Any thoughts you have on this situation would be appreciated. There is a pretrial conference next Wednesday, June 30th. Thank you so much in advance for even looking this over. Please feel free to contact me by email if you need additional information or clarification.

NUMBER 10:

#1 Today, 03:02 PM
zachparagioudak

Disability and Inheritance

What is the name of your state?Arkansas

What is the law concerning disability benefits and insurance inheritance?

A friend of mine has just lost his mother and found she had a million dollar life insurance policy. He is reluctant to cash in on the policy, afraid that he will lose his benefits from disabilty. Does he have anything to worry about?

zachparagioudak
View Public Profile
Send a private message to zachparagioudak
Find all posts by zachparagioudak
Add zachparagioudak to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 03:08 PM
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

zachparagioudak said:
What is the name of your state?Arkansas

What is the law concerning disability benefits and insurance inheritance?

A friend of mine has just lost his mother and found she had a million dollar life insurance policy. He is reluctant to cash in on the policy, afraid that he will lose his benefits from disabilty.

MY RESPONSE: He has GOT to be kidding. He's afraid of losing his lousy monthly disability checks when he just found out he's wealthy?

Does he have anything to worry about?

MY RESPONSE: Yeah, he needs to worry about how to spend his money. Does he realize how many pick-up trucks, and trailers to live in, he can buy with One Million dollars? He could be the richest Yahoo in the trailer park!

IAAL

=================================================
NUMBER 11:

apple451

Is it worth it?

What is the name of your state?IN and Tn and Colorado

A family member of mine was accused of stealing furniture when moving out of an apartment. She is in jail in Tennessee. She contacted another family member for help in bail money who lives in Indiana. She convices this family member to help her with bail money. The family member sends her bail money to her boyfriend in form of a cashier's check made out in the boyfriend's name.
The boyfriend has cashed the cashier's check and is now moving to Colorado and is sending her a letter explaining that he is breaking up with her.

The family member who sent the cashier check is totally embarassed and does not think he can sue for the return of his money--he said "He should of known better" I agree with his statement, but is there anything he can do to get his money back?

By the way, I am not the family member who sent the check--I am just the family member who would of advised handling the situation a different way if above family member would of discussed it with me.

NUMBER 12:

donb1959
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2004

DUI Criminal offense?

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Does anyone know if a DUI, or driveing with expired license is a criminal offense in the state of NC....I would think it's a moving violation? Thanks for the replies.

NUMBER 13:

rightaction
Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2004

what happens to tickets if you sell/gift your car?

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

What happens to the status of your parking and moving violation tickets if
you sell or gift your vehicle? To what degree are you still accountable if you choose to not register or insure a vehicle again?

Thanks in advance; any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CONTINUED ON NEXT POST . . .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

NUMBER 14:

lividlandlord
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2004

Can I collect my rent?

What is the name of your state? South Dakota.

I helped my sister-in-law's friend out by letting him move in with us because he got kicked out of his mothers house. We made a verbal agreement that he would pay $200 a month for the room he rented, with the following conditions: No partying late a night (because I have 2 small children), and absolutely no pets. He agreed to this and moved in. Almost immediately he started doing everything we asked him not to. People would be over until 3:00 a.m., he asked to bring home a dog (a pitbull mix). Anyway, he went to jail (which i found out was for drug possession) for two months. When he got out, he had at least 6 people downstairs, the stereo turned up (loud enough to wake my children and my wife), and they were all drinking (and he was underage). This happened everyday of the week after he got off of work. Not only that, but he brought a kitten home. My question is: can I still collect my last $100 of rent eventhough we kicked him out (for his breech of the verbal agreement); or, should I just kiss the money goodbye?

Thanks

NUMBER 15:

Justwanttoknow
Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2002

Can Automobile damage be considered an adoption expense

What is the name of your state? Illinois. I am attempting to adopt a child and on the way to a court hearing, I hit a large bird and damaged the front of my car. Can the repair of this damage be considered part of my adoption expenses ?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Mark

=====================================================

NUMBER 16:

Today, 02:20 PM
apeanutb

Cutting out the crotch of undies???

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have another post all about my daughter and the harassment she is going through from the sheriffs dept "harassment from sheriffs". The latest thing was a raid on the house where she is staying. They didn't find anything to put her away on but, before they left, they cut the crotch out of her under shorts. Without her permission. Is this legal??? It is voting time right now for all offices, so are they just trying to make all the arrests they can right now and is this going too far?

==================================================

NUMBER 17:

Lizzle4shizzle

My mom is on probation, got caught w/ weed

My mom is on probation for a felony charge she got about a year ago, she got into a fight with her boyfriend and the cops showed up and she ended up in jail. Well she got out soon after and everything has gotten better, she goes to anger management, dumped the sleazebag boyfriend etc... My mom has smoked pot ever since i can remember, she never hid it, and im ok with it. Today she had an appointment with he Probation Officer and when she enetered the courthouse the X-Ray machine revealed that she was in possesion of about a gram of marijuana and also some resin she had scraped from a pipe. They held her there, and she called me while she was waiting for the cops and the guy who detected the stuff in her bag had said that he thought the resin was actually herion, which i know for a fact it is not. Anyways, now shes in jail and the cops wont tell me whats goin on. What can happen to her?

NUMBER 18:

gml659
Member Join Date: May 2004

Restraining Order - Take Out On Myself

What is the name of your state? WA.

My wife throws out RO's like revelers throw out beads at Mardi Gras. She has repeatedly threatned me with one. She were's these RO's like a Badge of Honor. Something to brag about to her friends. She has one now on her soon to be ex.

??? Can I file a RO on myself? I ALWAYS want to stay AS FAR AWAY from her as possible. If I file one on myself to stay away from her then I cannot give her the gratification of doing it herself. If I do file one how do I pick up my son for Visitation?

On the flip side: If she does impose one on me how can I prove to the Court it is frivilous?

gml

NUMBER 19:

tnich
Junior Member Join Date: Sep 2004

Swimming pool attachments

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I am selling my home that has an in ground swimming pool. Are the diving board and ladder considered attachment to the property or are they just accessories?

The buyers purchase agreement does not include any of the pool accessories, vacuums, hoses etc.

They have been jerking me around on closing for a month now so I am planning on not leaving any of those items for their use and have the question regarding the diving board and ladder.

NUMBER 20:

lynndon
Junior Member Join Date: Sep 2004

annulment or divorce

What is the name of your state? NJ & NC..........my husband was married about 20 yrs ago to a woman, who says she wants a divorce now, so she can on with her life, he thought she (Carrie) (NJ) had divorced him then, because he remarried & divorced since then....when he went to marry again his previous wife(JUdy)(NC) did not file divorce papers until 2 days after he married his wife(Karen)(NC) before me..so their marriage was never legal...so when Judy did file papers her lawyer went back to check and make sure he was divorced from everyone, which they said he was and granted him his divorce from Judy(NC)...Carrie can find no record of their divorce , not sure about marriage, so does that mean he must divorce or annul Carrie, and does this mean my marriage isn't legal here in NC...just want to get it all squared away...would like to know what Carrie or my husband should do...lynn

=============================================================

NUMBER 21:

nyki31
Junior Member Join Date: Oct 2004

Can I Get Arrested For Cursing?

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
If I am standing outside my front door, and I'm looking through my purse for my ID and I said "I canot find my f###ing ID" can I get arrested for dissorderly conduct?

===========================================================

NUMBER 22:

navygurl818

Is my marriage valid in California

I was married in the state of Illinios, in the Lake County, Waukegan court house. I had just got out of boot camp, I was stationed in Norfolk VA, with the navy the marraige was vaild. I have now moved back to California. I had heard that marriages that were conducted in Las Vegas were not valid and that marriages from other states were alos not valid. Please tell me if I am legally married and if it is valid in California.

==========================================================

NUMBER 23:

lockedup

young and dumb

What is the name of your state? mo.
i received my first dui in ks and lost my license. four weeks later i moved to mo from ks and received my second dui and my first driving on a suspended. those charges have been taken care of by a lawyer and i now have a probation officer in both states. i have received two more driving on suspended charges. what will happen if i failed to notify my p.o. and how would a lawyer take care of these.

NUMBER 24:

Barbara Ingram

Non-intentional tort-negligence

What is the name of your state?Georgia
This is a 2 part question. 1)Is it constitutional to bring a preaying mantis to show and tell? This is a second grade student. 2)suppose the student wishes to graphically discuss the sexual behaviors of preying mantises. Questions that need to be answered for each question:
1. Is the teacher liable?
2. Has there been a breach of duty?
3. What about causation?
4. Real Injury

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">