• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can I drive? 3rd DUI... suspended for 5 years. HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bthesaint45

What is the name of your state?Florida. I recently lost my license for 5 years due to my 3rd DUI in 5 years. How do I get a liscense to drive to work. I am 45, single, alone and struggling. What can I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bthesaint45 said:
What is the name of your state?Florida. I recently lost my license for 5 years due to my 3rd DUI in 5 years. How do I get a liscense to drive to work. I am 45, single, alone and struggling. What can I do?

My response:

Use a bus, ride a bicycle, or walk.

That's what you can do.

IAAL

HomeGuru

bthesaint45 said:
**A: what can you do? Well for starters, stop drinking and wait for 5 years.

rmet4nzkx

In addition to what IAAL said,
Sell your car and pay off any balance owed, no sense paying for upkeep and insurance on a car you can't drive, or be tempted to drive it.
Buy a "trolly cart" these are folding carts that fold up and look similar to a briefcase when folded and hold up to about 80 lbs, these can be bought in office supply and hardware stores and cost about $30 less on sale and worth their weight in gold, you will need this for hauling things like groceries, get baskets and/or saddle bags for your bike.
Buy good, comfortable walking shoes and hat to protect yourself from the midday sun.
Quit drinking.
Move closer to work, the money you save on commuting, vehicle upkeep and drinking will more than pay for increased rent, more exercise and quiting drinking alcohol will improve your health.
This will be a lifestyle change, you may want to quite smoking if you smoke as walking will require your lungs to function better and look at a healthier diet.

Use a bus, ride a bicycle, or walk.

That's what you can do.

IAAL
Florida's DUI law applies to any vehicle, with or without a motor. Pass on any type of vechicle if you plan to drink. With your DUI history, half of a beer could cause serious problems for you.

Some states see a car, bicycle or a motorized wheelchair as no different with regards to DUI laws. Yes, a person confined to a wheelchair can be charged with DUI as if they were driving a car.

Stick to walking or public transportation.

C

CheeseBlotto

You have two larger issues than how do you get a license. First, if you keep drinking and driving, someone will be hurt or killed. Second, you have a alcohol problem. I'm not qualified to use the word alcoholic, but you without question have a problem. Help is available, quit drinking.

rmet4nzkx

bthesaint45 said:
I already gave you an answer yesterday, today this case from FL involving a repeat DUI in a 45 yo defendent and the consequences, please get help and don't even think of driving.
http://www.courttv.com/trials/taped/piotrowski/background.html
The jury was only out for 10 minutes.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rmet4nzkx said:
The jury was only out for 10 minutes.

My response:

Yeah, and 8 of those minutes were used by the jury to find the exit of the courtroom and to walk to the jury deliberations room, then to find and agree on seating for themselves. Their actual decision took only 2 minutes.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bthesaint45 said:

My response:

Wouldn't it be "poetic justice" if a drunk driver killed you in a crosswalk?

IAAL

<Bill>

Find someone with no car and cut a deal where they drive you to work and then you let them use it when ever they want on the condition that they chauffer you to work.

CheeseBlotto said:
You have two larger issues than how do you get a license. First, if you keep drinking and driving, someone will be hurt or killed. Second, you have a alcohol problem. I'm not qualified to use the word alcoholic, but you without question have a problem. Help is available, quit drinking.
Do you have a cystal ball or something? I'm assuming you mean "may" hurt or kill someone. Out of the 1.5 million DUI arrests each year less than 4,000 innocent victims are killed. The NHTSA reports 6% of all accidents involve alcohol. So to make a statement that this person will hurt or kill someone is a bit of a stretch - unless you have a cystal ball. ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL
Your need to wish death upon this person is unbelievable. Your claim to being an attorney is a disgrace to the legal profession.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fagettaboutit said:
Your need to wish death upon this person is unbelievable. Your claim to being an attorney is a disgrace to the legal profession.

My response:

Where in my statement did I "wish death" on the guy?
IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Where in my statement did I "wish death" on the guy?
IAAL
My response:

IAAL
24 years of practice. LOL! Like I said, disgrace!

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fagettaboutit said:
24 years of practice. LOL! Like I said, disgrace!

Spoken like a low-class want to be professional lawyer. Oh silly one.

My response:

Spoken like a true, drunken, idiot that you are! I asked you a simple question, and all you could do was copy and paste what I had said. That doesn't answer the question, fool. In case you didn't understand it the first time, I said, "Where in my statement did I "wish death" on the guy?"

Can you read, or do you need help from your trailer trash neighbor?

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">