• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assets not listed on petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hanlor99

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I just received a copy of my ex's petition for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and there are asset's of his that are not listed on there. Whom would I contact? His lawyer? The court appointed trustee?

Thank you.

JETX

hanlor99 said:
I just received a copy of my ex's petition for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, and there are asset's of his that are not listed on there.
There is no obligation for all the creditors to be listed on a chapter 7 petition. The debtor only has to list sufficient debts to show that the filing is justified.

Whom would I contact? His lawyer? The court appointed trustee?
You can tell either or both of them.

Ladynred

There is no obligation for all the creditors to be listed on a chapter 7 petition. The debtor only has to list sufficient debts to show that the filing is justified.
She wasn't asking about CREDITORS, she was asking about unlisted ASSETS.

Definitely get in touch with the Trustee and be ready with documentation to prove your assertions that he's hiding assets.

JETX

Ladynred said:
She wasn't asking about CREDITORS, she was asking about unlisted ASSETS.

Definitely get in touch with the Trustee and be ready with documentation to prove your assertions that he's hiding assets.
You are correct... my post was not. Mea Culpa!! (Note to self... must read slower!!) :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">