• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it acceptable under ANY context to call a student a Pussy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Costanza

What is the name of your state? California

I attend a California State University and I was in a class with a teacher's assistant as the teacher for it (it was the lab portion of a biology class).

We went on a greenhouse tour so it was outdoors, and half the class split up to take turns going. I was in the first group. For some reason, I can't remember the specifics of why but one student, who happens to be in the army or military or something, had to climb over a fence, and the TA (Teachers assistant) called him a Pussy. Then he turned to the rest of the group and said "Military people hate it when you call them that"

Apparently some kind of joke I suppose but against university policy none the less? Sexual Harassment even?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Costanza said:
What is the name of your state? California

I attend a California State University and I was in a class with a teacher's assistant as the teacher for it (it was the lab portion of a biology class).

We went on a greenhouse tour so it was outdoors, and half the class split up to take turns going. I was in the first group. For some reason, I can't remember the specifics of why but one student, who happens to be in the army or military or something, had to climb over a fence, and the TA (Teachers assistant) called him a Pussy. Then he turned to the rest of the group and said "Military people hate it when you call them that"

Apparently some kind of joke I suppose but against university policy none the less? Sexual Harassment even?

My response:

What does "pussy" mean, anyway?

IAAL

BelizeBreeze

Aside from the fact that this is a duplicate post, PUSSY means whimp, or, in another venue, a furry little creature with a wet nose and warm personality.;)

BelizeBreeze

From the U.C. Berkeley Dictionary of Slang:

pussy Noun. 1. The female genitals, alluding to the inclusion of the pubic hairs. [1600s]
2. Women/woman, viewed as sexual objects. Derog/Offens.
3. A cat. {Informal}
4. A feeble or weak willed person.
* The ambiguity of the word isn't lost on comedians.

pussy block v 1. to interfere with a female's attempt to talk to a male or engaging him sexually. Usually this is performed by distracting one of the parties, obstructing the path between the male and female, etc. Normally the person "pussy blocking" has the intention of talking to the male. See also cock block. ("I was trying to hit on that guy, but his friend was pussy blocking."") -n 1. someone who pussy blocks. ("I was trying to hit on that guy, but his friend was being such a pussy block."") Submitted by Erika, Illinois State, IL, USA, 13-12-2002 and Keith Clark, Rockledge, FL, USA, 20-11-2002.

pussy whipped adj 1. obedient to one's female partner. ("His girlfriend had him pussy whipped.")

Or, perhaps you would have felt more comfortable with one of George Carlin's alternatives:

Ace of Spades , Adam's Cave , Altar of Love , Bearded Clam , Beaver , Belly Entrance , Black Bess , Bluebeard's Closet , Box , Brown Madam , Bull's Eye , Bunny , Bush , Button Hole , Cabbage Patch , Canal , Candle Holder , Cat's Meat , Cave of Harmony , Cavern , Cellar Door , Chocha , Cleft , Clutch , Cockpit , Cookie , Coot , Cootch , Cooze , Coupler , Crack , Cranny , Crease , Crevice , Crotch , Crumpet , Cunny , Cunt , Dimple , Divine Scar , Donut , Drain , Eel-Skinner , Fish Tank , Flytrap , Fort Bushy , Front Window , Fur , Furbox , Furburger , Furrow , Gap , Gaper , Gash , Gate of Heaven , Ginch , Ginny , Girl-Street , Goat-Milker , Gully-Hole , Hair , Haircourt , Hair Pie , Happy Valley , Harbor of Hope , Hatch , Hog Eye , Hole , Honey-Hive , Honey-Pot , Horse Collar , Hot Box , Hot Spot , House Under the Hill , Irish Fortune , Itching Jenny , Jack Nasty-Face , Jaxy , Jelly-Roll , Juice Box , Keyhole , Lady Jane , Lamp of Love , Lapland , Lather-Maker , Little Mary , Locker , Long-Eye , Love Tunnel , Lower Lips , Magpie's Nest , Main Vein , Manhole , Mark of the Beast , Meat ,Meat Grinder , Mom's Homemade Slit Pie , Mound , Mount Pleasant , Mouse , Mouth-that-Cannot-Bite , Muff , Naf , Nature's Tufted Treasure , Nest , Niche , Nook , Nooky , Notch , Oat-Bin , Old Mossyface , Organ Grinder , Oven , Oyster Catcher , Patch , Pelt , Penwiper , Pie , Piece , Pin Cushion , Pipe Cleaner , Piss Flaps , Pit , Playpen , Pocket , Poke Hole , Poontang , Poor Man's Blessing , Prick Purse , Pussy , Quiff , Quim , Quiver , Rose , Screw-Hole , Slash , Slit , Slot , Snapper , Snappin' Pussy , Snatch , Snatch-Box , Stank , Steam Room , Stuff , Socket , Sportsman's Gap , Sugar Basin , Tail , Temple of Low Men , Tool-Chest , Toy Shop , Treasure Chest , Trench , Triangle , Trim , Tube , Tuna Taco , Tunnel , Tunnel of Love , Twat , Tweeze , Twitcher , Vag , Valley , Venus Highway , Vertical Smile , Wet Cave of Lust , Wooly-Booger , Works , Yawne , Yum-Yum .

Of course, my favorite is "SNAPPER". What man wouldn't want to be playing with his "Snapper" while mowing the lawn :D:D:D

rmet4nzkx

OP has a point, the term Pussy in California is no longer PC,
The Official term adopted by the California Legeslature after July 18, 2004 is "Girly-Men/Man", ...Los Angeles - Arnold Schwarzenegger, the weight lifter and Hollywood actor turned California state governor, accused the state legislature of being "girly-men"
following that proclamation the new term has been overwhelmingly accepted into common usage. The California state college system would be expected to adhere to state policy. Here is an excerpt of an online proposed handbook for 2005:

The Governator's 2005 Girly-Men Handbook for California State Employees
Saturday, November 20, 2004

~~o~~
It's making the rounds on the Internet:
The Governator's 2005 Girly-Men Handbook for California State Employees

SICK DAYS---We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

PERSONAL DAYS---Each employee will receive 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

LUNCH BREAK---Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy. Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get balanced meal to maintain their average figure. Fat people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim Fast.

DRESS CODE---It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If we see you wearing $350 Prada sneakers, and carrying a $600 Gucci Bag, we assume you are doing well financially and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress in-between, you are right where you need to be and therefore you do not need a raise.

BEREAVEMENT LEAVE---This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead friends, relatives, or coworkers. Every effort should be made to have no employees attend to the arrangements. In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary funeral should be schedule in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave that much earlier.

RESTROOM USE---Entirely too much time is being spent in the restroom. There is now a strict three-minute time-limit in the stalls. At the end of three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under ''Chronic Offenders.''

Thank you for your loyalty to our great state. We are here to provide a positive employment experience.

;)

S

seniorjudge

Someone called me a Democrat. Since I am in a red state, can I sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">