• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA code and temporary insurance card question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Diane143

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

hello, My husband was cited and fined for carrying around his temporary insurance card even though we are fully covered. he just accidentally neglected to put his perminant card in his wallet. The kicker is that he has no idea there were two citations. the officer only gave him one because he was pulled for not having updated PA inspection and was fined for that as well. He now may loose his lisence for failing to respond to the citation he never recieved if he does not pay $85 by march 29. Is there an actual PA code refering to this? I also do need an actual code refering to provisions about temporary insurance cards Thanks Diane1432

Bravo8

I'm guessing that he was fined because the temporary cards were expired. As a general rule, they have an expiration date of 60 days from issuance.

Your husband does not need to pay the fine to avoid the suspension, he simply needs to respond to the ticket. Plead guilty and pay it, plead guilty and set up time payments with the Judge, plead not guilty - all of those will prevent his DL from being suspended.

I would suggest pleading not guilty and bringing the permanent insurance card. I am guessing he was cited for not producing proof of insurance, which should be dismissed if he provides proof of insurance valid at the time of the stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">