• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to come to US from Mexico to work...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbsweene

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My fiance's uncle lives in Mexico and is having a very hard time supporting his wife and kids because there are no decent jobs in Mexico... He wants to come here to work so he can send money back to his wife.

He's one of the Very few people that has Never come here illegally, so I want to do my best to make him come legally so it will be much easier on down the road if he wants to become a permanent resident.

What is the best and fastest way for him to come here and get a job? What forms will he have to file and how long does it usually take?

Also, will he HAVE to have an Employer file on his behalf to come or can he get a temporary visa on his own to come and just find a job at mcdonalds or something?

Thanks!
mike

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mbsweene said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My fiance's uncle lives in Mexico and is having a very hard time supporting his wife and kids because there are no decent jobs in Mexico... He wants to come here to work so he can send money back to his wife.

He's one of the Very few people that has Never come here illegally, so I want to do my best to make him come legally so it will be much easier on down the road if he wants to become a permanent resident.

What is the best and fastest way for him to come here and get a job? What forms will he have to file and how long does it usually take?

Also, will he HAVE to have an Employer file on his behalf to come or can he get a temporary visa on his own to come and just find a job at mcdonalds or something?

Thanks!
mike

My response:

You have to seriously be kidding, right?

We just lost two and a half States to a hurricane, with thousands of people out of work, and have no homes - - and you want us to help you bring some taco-bender into this country? We have our own citizens to be thinking about, and caring about.

Get real, pal.

IAAL

mbsweene

Who should be getting real here?

Ok, now you've about ticked me off.

Why don't you think about this for a second and stop thinking how good You are because you're probably white and were born here and think you're the best thing that ever happened to this country. Like you said, we did lose 2 and a half states to a hurricane. The fact that many people Did lose their homes and jobs and everything else will open up a ton of jobs in those Exact same areas to rebuild homes, schools, office buildings, and even parks when they get that far down the road. Even though it may take a while to get going again to start all this work, all they have to do is be willing to get up and do that "Dirty" work.

Now, "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," when will you get your head out of your butt and finally realize that there is a lot more to this world than the good ol' USA. You want to say how terrible it is down there after Katrina, and I'll give you that... It is very terrible and we do have our own citizens to be thinking of and caring about...And we should take care of them.

BUT, you need to realize that many parts of the world have never had the CHANCE to have a life that's even Half as good as those in Lousiana and Mississippi had it. Of course, I know that there were many poor people in those states that got hit by the hurricane... But even they had it pretty good compared to a lot of other places in the world. When are we in America going to finally figure out that the world does Not revolve around us and we are not any more important than anyone else?? We should always be there to help Anyone who is in need, no matter what country they happen to come from. Since we are the strongest and richest country, and certainly have the resources, we have the responsibility to think about, and care about everyone Else in the world who needs our help as well.

You don't care about the fact that my Fiance's uncle can't even work to put food on their table and can't afford to take his kids to a doctor when they get terribly sick. They just have to hope and pray that somehow they will get by.

Now, if anyone ELSE can help me and answer my previous questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

rmet4nzkx

Even before 9-11 and Katrina, immigration was very restricted and more so since. While it is good your fiance's uncle hasn't jumped the fence yet, many people in Mexico are in the same place and it takes months of waiting just to get a tourist visa these days. Perhaps your fiance can send his family members some money instead, or sponsor them sometime in the future.

The fact is there are many hundrends of thousand of people without work or homes as a result of a hurricane, so they will be putting people to work who are displaced before they hire people from Mexico to rebuild.

Sorry now is not a good time for your fiance's uncle

HomeGuru

mbsweene said:
Ok, now you've about ticked me off.

Why don't you think about this for a second and stop thinking how good You are because you're probably white and were born here and think you're the best thing that ever happened to this country.

**A: I am not white and was not born here, but I agree 1000% with IAAL's post.

Veronica1228

mbsweene said:
When are we in America going to finally figure out that the world does Not revolve around us and we are not any more important than anyone else?? We should always be there to help Anyone who is in need, no matter what country they happen to come from. Since we are the strongest and richest country, and certainly have the resources, we have the responsibility to think about, and care about everyone Else in the world who needs our help as well.
Says who? If the world does not revolve around us and we are not any more important than anyone else, then why should we sacrifice the needs of our own citizens for other countries? I'm sorry that your fiance's uncle is having it rough, but right now so are countless Americans. We have to think of them first.

Last edited:

mbsweene

How about a simple answer now?

How difficult is it, really, to just give me an answer to my questions? What forms will be required to file and how long, etc...?

Whether or not it takes months of waiting, that's not the point. I know it will take a long time of waiting for any sort of visa and that's ok. You people make things so difficult that no one can even get a clear answer anymore to their simple questions. You wonder why they all have to come illegally...............................................................................................................................................................................

All I simply asked is WHAT needs to filed by Who and How freakin' long will it take.

I never knew there were so many useless people on this forum or I wouldn't have wasted my time posting in the first place.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME - - Not Mexico!

My response:

You have to seriously be kidding, right?

We just lost two and a half States to a hurricane, with thousands of people out of work, and have no homes - - and you want us to help you bring some taco-bender into this country? We have our own citizens to be thinking about, and caring about.

Get real, pal.

IAAL

P.S. While I have to take a big gulp with this next statement, I would rather help a piece of crap, trailer trash, criminal druggie from Alabama, than before I would help a Mexican - - Senor Renaldo Gonzalez Garcia de la Paz Lopez!

Believe me, that was very hard for me to reconcile considering how I feel about a piece of crap, trailer trash, criminal druggie from Alabama.

IAAL

AHA

mbsweene said:
How difficult is it, really, to just give me an answer to my questions? What forms will be required to file and how long, etc...?

Whether or not it takes months of waiting, that's not the point. I know it will take a long time of waiting for any sort of visa and that's ok. You people make things so difficult that no one can even get a clear answer anymore to their simple questions. You wonder why they all have to come illegally...............................................................................................................................................................................

All I simply asked is WHAT needs to filed by Who and How freakin' long will it take.

I never knew there were so many useless people on this forum or I wouldn't have wasted my time posting in the first place.

It is NEVER as easy as just "filing a form"!! Get real. He will have to be engaged or married to a USC, or have a degree and experience in a work field that your average USC doesn't have, or come here as a student (which won't earn him a dime to send home, so that visa is out the window already).
If/when your spouse become a USC it will still take years and years (at best) for them to get visas, because family sponsorship is intended for immediate family, such as kids, parents, siblings and possible grandparents.

How would this country look if every Tom, Dick and Harry in the world could just walze in here and stay for as long as they pleased? The US would become a worse third world country than Africa and South America with deeper poverty and masses of overpopulation (poor people seem to be able to afford to spawn like there is no tomorrow, go figure!!)

And have the courtesy to not deem everyone here as useless, some of us obviously know TONS more about US immigration that you do, so by biting everyone's hands you sure are setting yourself up for more reactions.

Since you managed to find this site, surely you have done a search for the US immigration official site??
If you haven't, why not?, but I'll serve you with this one because I'M NOT USELESS and don't forget that!!

www.uscis.gov

mbsweene

I never said all of the people here are useless. Most of the ones that have replied are useless, however. Learn how to read people... I did have higher hopes for at least some of you. Too bad.

But boy, no wonder this country is getting so screwed up these days... All sorts of selfish people that can't think of anyone but themselves. Your parents should be SOOoooooo proud!!

I hope you realize this whole country was MADE because it was open to immigration. None of your families started here unless you're a full-blooded Native Indian. Too bad they couldn't have stopped most of your familes from coming here all those years ago.... Perhaps it would be a much better place now.

Hope you have a great day now! Sleep well in your nice little houses and apartments with everything you ever wanted and be happy that you've been so very kind and helpful to people when they need it! Maybe the rest of the world is right..... Maybe all the people in this country are gettin' a little bit too big for their britches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">