• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Halloween Holiday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pearl72

What is the name of your state? Colorado

In our court order, me and my ex alternate Halloween. It does not state from what time to what time - that is to be arranged and agreed to between both parties... My question is -- it has been that our daughter would be with him from 9am til 8pm - (that is how it was for last year) My daughter is in preschool and goes to school from 1-3:30. He has her the next day (tuesday) for his regular parenting time of 9-8. She already misses school when he has his parenting time. I advised him that i would be willing to let him pick her up after school, and let her spend the night so that he doesn't have to drop her off halloween night and then turn around and come and get her the next day. Am i being unreasonable here? I don't mind him spending time with our daughter, she loves school, and I would hate to have her miss 2 days in a row. He wants to pick her up at 9am and have her spend the night and return her at 8 the following night.

Pearl72

I forgot to state that my ex lives an hour away from us from where we reside, in a different city, different county.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh, she'll miss all the fun at preschool if she's not there on the 31st. I wouldn't go for that, if it were my kid.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would explain to him what activities the preschool is going to have and that it would be a shame for her to miss them. They always enjoy that so much.

Rushia

stealth2 said:
I would explain to him what activities the preschool is going to have and that it would be a shame for her to miss them. They always enjoy that so much.
Furthermore, perhaps OP and dad can go to the school and participate in the activities? Most schools enjoy the extra help they can get for such events.

justme22

I agree with the others about approaching your ex with how much fun your child would have at the preschool on Halloween. But if you have previously agreed on a 9a-8p schedule and he wants to stick to that schedule, is it worth arguing about? There are going to be other issues down the road that are more important than Halloween in preschool. good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">