• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he ignor the terms of out legal agreement? What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lady_k_23

My ex husband and I entered into a legal separation agreement in which he agreed to pay me 350.00 per month for 3 years. He agreed to this because he is military and he did not want me to tell his command about his acts with another woman and chance losing his career. So the first payment was Jan 1 and now he has stopped his payments. My question is can he do this? and how can I have the terms of our agreement enforced so that this does not happen again and will we have to go to court? Our divorce was final on Aug 28, 00. Will the courts modify the amount that we had agreed to? I live in North Carolina so those laws will apply.

[Edited by lady_k_23 on 11-24-2000 at 01:00 PM]

LegalBeagle

lady_k_23 said:
My ex husband and I entered into a legal separation agreement in which he agreed to pay me 350.00 per month for 3 years. He agreed to this because he is military and he did not want me to tell his command about his acts with another woman and chance losing his career. So the first payment was Jan 1 and now he has stopped his payments. My question is can he do this? and how can I have the terms of our agreement enforced so that this does not happen again and will we have to go to court? Our divorce was final on Aug 28, 00. Will the courts modify the amount that we had agreed to? I live in North Carolina so those laws will apply.

[Edited by lady_k_23 on 11-24-2000 at 01:00 PM]
First, you call his commanding officer and bitch.. then you call his base commander and bitch some more.. if after 2 weeks you hear nothing, you petition the courts to enforce the order.

Commanders do not like to get calls bitching about their people not paying..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">