• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex not following legal agreements and attorney not doing anything about it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donee

I was married 28 years and had 5 kids. I filed for divorce in May of 1999. We went to court in June and never got in front of the judge. We went back to court in October of 1999 for support issues but he quit his job 2 weeks before the court date. I got much less support due to him not having a job. He started a business that day. He has not paid me support of any kind in over 6 months now. I had to turn it over to the DA office.

In the beginning of our divorce because my ex wanted to use our house to get a business loan, I agreed to let him use the house if I could live in it free for up to 3 years which we have legal papers for our agreement. It says I am not responsible in anyway for the mortgage which is why I signed the agreement. Now the ex has decided to stop paying the mortgage and has it sent to me. The payment is $2500 a month now because of the huge business loan he took out on our home and I only get $400 a month from SS and SSI.

I can't work and am going through thyroid cancer and will have surgery next month. I got a late notice for the house payment and I can't pay it and I don't understand how he can get away with this. My attorney just ignores it. I have asked him for over a year to go after my ex for the attorney fees because we only keep going back because of him. He has been allowed to play games and I have not been able to talk to the judge yet after 4 times in court. I want to know what my options are. Is it totally wrong to write to a judge? I just dont know how to make myself heard. My ex says he has no money so they say poor him. I have papers to prove money he got and gave me none of.

Donee

[Edited by Donee on 11-25-2000 at 10:58 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please help us to help you. It appears that your post is quite lengthy. Since we want to help you, it would be appreciated, and in your interest, if you could re-write your post to shorten its length.

Some suggestions would be to remove any extra words that do not go to the heart of your question and issues. Also, if you have any emotional or editorial type words or phrases, please remove those also. In other words, be your own worst critic, and stick to the facts.

Additionally, if you haven't already done so, please use paragraphs rather than running each sentence into the next. This, alone would make your post easier to read and understand.

Thank you for your kind cooperation, and I'm sure, after you've re-posted, someone will be with you shortly to assist you.

Thanks,
IAAL

P.S. If you haven't mentioned your State name, or the State where your problem has occurred, please tell us in your first sentence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">