• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Final Papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joboo

California divorce. No kids, one mortgaged house, one car loan, 401k, that is about it. My divorce is suppossed to be final in Feb 01. In early Sept final papers were signed and sent over to the courthouse and filed with the clerk. Can the agreement be changed by only one of us. Or will both parties have to agree to any changes to the final papers.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Joboo said:
California divorce. No kids, one mortgaged house, one car loan, 401k, that is about it. My divorce is suppossed to be final in Feb 01. In early Sept final papers were signed and sent over to the courthouse and filed with the clerk. Can the agreement be changed by only one of us. Or will both parties have to agree to any changes to the final papers.
My response:

Both parties must agree, or negotiations start all over again.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">