• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maried prior DEAD now!!!

• Thread starter hotwhiterain2000
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hotwhiterain2000

Married not divorced remarried now dead!!!

Recently after my dad died we found out that he had a pevious marriage in Louisianna without a divorce?? I say that because I recently traveled to Louisianna and found the marriage license but no divorce!! they had several kids but after their seperation there was no contact, support or nothing. My mother was with my dad for over 45yrs. they married in Mexico while on a trip over 45 yrs. ago they had 2 children and adopted another. She is now having to fight for all of my dads benefits from the job that he found during the duration of being with my mom. Is there no justice for my mother who never knew of this woman?? I live in Texas and always have but I am not familar with Loisianna Laws and know little about Texas Law as far as that goes!! If you have any input please assist!! Oh by the way the date of birth on this marriage license doesn't match my fathers the name does but the signature doesn't either!! WEIRD!!! Who was legally married to him?? Who should get his benefits?? this has left my mother without health insurance and widows benefits from a company that has supported her all her life!!! As well his Life Insurance from this company went to my mother!!

[Edited by hotwhiterain2000 on 12-04-2000 at 06:58 AM]

LegalBeagle

Re: Married not divorced remarried now dead!!!

hotwhiterain2000 said:
Recently after my dad died we found out that he had a pevious marriage in Louisianna without a divorce?? I say that because I recently traveled to Louisianna and found the marriage license but no divorce!! they had several kids but after their seperation there was no contact, support or nothing. My mother was with my dad for over 45yrs. they married in Mexico while on a trip over 45 yrs. ago they had 2 children and adopted another. She is now having to fight for all of my dads benefits from the job that he found during the duration of being with my mom. Is there no justice for my mother who never knew of this woman?? I live in Texas and always have but I am not familar with Loisianna Laws and know little about Texas Law as far as that goes!! If you have any input please assist!! Oh by the way the date of birth on this marriage license doesn't match my fathers the name does but the signature doesn't either!! WEIRD!!! Who was legally married to him?? Who should get his benefits?? this has left my mother without health insurance and widows benefits from a company that has supported her all her life!!! As well his Life Insurance from this company went to my mother!!

[Edited by hotwhiterain2000 on 12-04-2000 at 06:58 AM]
You need to see an attorney now. Just because there is no divorce in LO does not mean he did not divorce in say Alaska. Maybe the other woman is hiding the divorce papers, maybe she was served and signed papers from Alaska.

Either way, she needs to get an attorney. There is no other way to fight this and waiting for answers on this board will just waste time..

You could post your question on the Wills and Probate board to see what response you get there.. but get an attorney first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">