• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POssesion of Marijuana <2 oz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

Quick summary of what happen.

Me and my freinds were riding around.
Took a turn.
Cops pulled us over
reason:expired stickers
took all occupants out of car and placed them in squad cars while they did an "inventory check"
Found a gun
arrested my friend for it
continued to search car
found weed under dash board directly in front of driver seat
asked who's it was
nobody fessed up to it
they arrested me for it

I have the docket call tomorow and im not to sure if i should just save my self some trouble and just plead guilty or should i do what i think is right and fight it. Im sorry for the stupid format i told the story but i just didnt fill like typing a whole once upon a time story. Well anyways what do you all think i should do and please dont come in here callin me stupid and start flaming me

acmb05

questions

anthony361 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Quick summary of what happen.

Me and my freinds were riding around.
Took a turn.
Cops pulled us over
reason:expired stickers
took all occupants out of car and placed them in squad cars while they did an "inventory check"
Found a gun
arrested my friend for it
continued to search car
found weed under dash board directly in front of driver seat
asked who's it was
nobody fessed up to it
they arrested me for it

I have the docket call tomorow and im not to sure if i should just save my self some trouble and just plead guilty or should i do what i think is right and fight it. Im sorry for the stupid format i told the story but i just didnt fill like typing a whole once upon a time story. Well anyways what do you all think i should do and please dont come in here callin me stupid and start flaming me
Who's car was it?

Who was driving?

Why did they pick you out to arrest (driving?)

what was the reason for the search?(Not sure how texas law works on searches)

Why was friend arrested for gun and not you?(under his seat?)

Last edited:
acmb05 said:
Who's car was it?

Who was driving?

Why did they pick you out to arrest (driving?)

what was the reason for the search?(Not sure how texas law works on searches)

Why was friend arrested for gun and not you?(under his seat?)

One of my other friends was driving
and the car belonged to one of our other friends
There was no reason for the search but they basically said my freind looked suspicious.
and my friend was arrested for the gun because the gun was in the trunk and he was in the back seat.(neon seats fold down so you can easily acess the trunk)

edit---they picked me because i lied to them about my friends name(he had warrents and told me to tell them his name was something else)

yeah thanks for all the help guys. Anyways i got to the court house and they told me the charges have been dropped..but was the weed mine? was the car mine? was i selling weed? was i on coke at the time of arrest? only god knows.....

outonbail

Yeah, Anthony, that's right, pat yourself on the back, wear a big $hit eating grin on your face and count your blessings. As far as your days, they're numbered, so you'll be back in no time,,,,, posting how unfair you were treated and how your rights were violated and boo hoo poor me...

until then,

you better be looking over your shoulder, because someone's going to be watching you a little closer!

You, your friends and your vehicle are now all marked with a prior arrest involving weapons and drugs! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">