• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falling workout weights fell off wal mart shelf/broke and crushed my finger!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

inury/walmart

,oregon state!!, while my family and I were shopping at wal mart a while back,,, we were walking down the sporting goods area,, as we always do since my other half is into that kind thing,,,, well my 11 year old son ,, picked up one 15 lb weight off the thiird shelf,, when he did,, a mess more began to roll from the shelf to the floor,,, causeing many big dents on the concrete floor too,, well he called for me to help him,, he had one in hand and another held up to the shelf by his elbow,, i grabbed this one and placed it on the shelf,, then about 7 or 8 more rolled down,, well i got my hand smashed between two ,, it smashed my middle finger like a peice of fruit and a big ole mallot!! exploded the skin,, and snapped the bone in half,,, needless to say,, this was super painful,, as blood actually squirted,, from the finger i ran to the rest room,, rinsed it off , a nd got a mess of paper towles to hold on it,, mean while blood it every where,, and a trail from where i was and now am,, was on the floor,, when i exited the rest room,, there stood about 5 wal mart employees,, not the regualr ones you see,, bu~~t'' suits'',, they asked what happend etc,, i gave them my statement,, and told them i was on my way to the emergeny room,, in town,, immediatly,, , i left and went there,, the x~rays showed the tip of my bone ,, broke completly off and was floating kinda in mid air it looks on the x~ray above the finger,,, the doctor,, had to maneuver my bone back in place,,,, and then stitched the open wound, which included,, 3 stithes that had to go through my actual finger nail!! if you have never had this done,, boy let me tell ya,,, it is very painful,, and even with all the pain shots i had gotten,, i let out a nice scream!!!! ,, now bare with me as i want to make this as breif as possible without missing details,,, now first of all let me give you some insight of my daily life at home,, i own anywhere between 5 and 7 horses at any time,, and 3 dogs,, chickens,, a goat,, and have 2 kids,, 22 acres of property all of which is my personal main responsibilty to upkeep,, daily i move heavy hey bales lift 50# bags of feed,, lead horses load horses,, work horses,, trim horse feet,, groom,, give medication and shots to the animals as needed,, take care of pasture clean up and fenceing,, for the horses,, ,, now thats a small amount of my ''OUTSIDE'' chores,, now inside ,i cook/clean/bathe kids/wash clothes/.,, etc,etc,, i have a very long list of must do chores,, DAILY,, if i,m down or ill or hurt,, no body else does this ,,, it falls very behind!!,, ALONG WITH ALL THIS,, I ON OCCASION WILL DO HORSE TRANING AND HELP out with horses,,,, to make extra money,, well this perticulr month ,, i was doing just this,, my husband lost about 8 days of work due to weather,, so i needed to help out,, i was training my neighbors mare for her to make some cash ,, for bills and regular stuff,,,,now that you have an idea of my life kinda,, here is the rest ,, now even after i left the hospital,, it hadnt even crossed my mind ,, to sue the store or hole them responsible,, really,, i just dont think that way,,, however the more i thought about it,, and with every timy bump of that injury made me scream in pain,,, it began to cross my mind,, then the very next afternoon again,, myslef nad family go to the wal mart,,, my husband and i giggled ,, that they probably hadnt even cleaned up the mess that was made,,, well wouldnt ya know it,, we seen,,, all the weights,, on the floor still not put back,, someone had shoved them against the wall ,,but doesnt that even seem more neglegent,, since these are the ''round ''type weights,, that obviously can ''ROLL''??? well we looked closer,, and we found out,, that every other weight,, was placed in box,s,, with individual slots,, for each weight,, and then also every shelf , had a lip on the end ,, so nothing could roll from it,,,,, well just so happends,,,, these weights,,were NOT the same,, they were set on a regular shelf with NO LIP,, or box or any type of support just stacked up on one another up on a high shelf,, my son injured his elbow and wrist,, didnt seek medical attentian,, but still ,, got hurt,, my 4 year old daughter,stood right behind me,, when this hapeend,, the shelf is about 6 inches higher then her head!! if she was stadning where i was,, it would have have seriously injured her,, or very possibly killed her ,, and crushed her skull!! can you now see where my anger forms,,, why were these weights not in the same set up as ALL the rest ,, then why were they if not in a box,, put on a bottom shelf,, or lower,, instead they just stack them on a 4 foot high shelf????? any person in the right mind can see this seems very careless,, you dont see guns on the bottom shelves,, or knives just stacked up anywhere,, or even all power tools are set up out of reach and in safety holders of some kind,,, go ahead go to any wal mart or retail store and look for your self,, then picture how these were stacked ,, and then think of a preschool girl standing directly below them,,, ,, this is what was and is still on my mind!!!! i knocked my daughter over almost just trying to jump out of the way of the rest so my foot wouldnt have been crushed!!! not a regualr night out for my family,,, not at all,,,i want them to pay!! we have medical insureance,, so thats already paid,, but these darn retail stores carry insureance for this type of thing,, why shouldnt i or any body else that gets injured while there,,at the stores neglegence,, get some compensation for this??? i have never sued anybody,, or even been in court, i am ignorant in any direction now,, i had to do a phone statement to a claims gal from wal mart,,, but now where do i go and what do i do,, how much $$$$$ is an average for this?? how much should i demand??

Last edited:

Just Blue

inury/walmart said:
,oregon state!!, while my family and I were shopping at wal mart a while back,,, we were walking down the sporting goods area,, as we always do since my other half is into that kind thing,,,, well my 11 year old son ,, picked up one 15 lb weight off the thiird shelf,, when he did,, a mess more began to roll from the shelf to the floor,,, causeing many big dents on the concrete floor too,, well he called for me to help him,, he had one in hand and another held up to the shelf by his elbow,, i grabbed this one and placed it on the shelf,, then about 7 or 8 more rolled down,, well i got my hand smashed between two ,, it smashed my middle finger like a peice of fruit and a big ole mallot!! exploded the skin,, and snapped the bone in half,,, needless to say,, this was super painful,, as blood actually squirted,, from the finger i ran to the rest room,, rinsed it off , a nd got a mess of paper towles to hold on it,, mean while blood it every where,, and a trail from where i was and now am,, was on the floor,, when i exited the rest room,, there stood about 5 wal mart employees,, not the regualr ones you see,, bu~~t'' suits'',, they asked what happend etc,, i gave them my statement,, and told them i was on my way to the emergeny room,, in town,, immediatly,, , i left and went there,, the x~rays showed the tip of my bone ,, broke completly off and was floating kinda in mid air it looks on the x~ray above the finger,,, the doctor,, had to maneuver my bone back in place,,,, and then stitched the open wound, which included,, 3 stithes that had to go through my actual finger nail!! if you have never had this done,, boy let me tell ya,,, it is very painful,, and even with all the pain shots i had gotten,, i let out a nice scream!!!! ,, now bare with me as i want to make this as breif as possible without missing details,,, now first of all let me give you some insight of my daily life at home,, i own anywhere between 5 and 7 horses at any time,, and 3 dogs,, chickens,, a goat,, and have 2 kids,, 22 acres of property all of which is my personal main responsibilty to upkeep,, daily i move heavy hey bales lift 50# bags of feed,, lead horses load horses,, work horses,, trim horse feet,, groom,, give medication and shots to the animals as needed,, take care of pasture clean up and fenceing,, for the horses,, ,, now thats a small amount of my ''OUTSIDE'' chores,, now inside ,i cook/clean/bathe kids/wash clothes/.,, etc,etc,, i have a very long list of must do chores,, DAILY,, if i,m down or ill or hurt,, no body else does this ,,, it falls very behind!!,, ALONG WITH ALL THIS,, I ON OCCASION WILL DO HORSE TRANING AND HELP out with horses,,,, to make extra money,, well this perticulr month ,, i was doing just this,, my husband lost about 8 days of work due to weather,, so i needed to help out,, i was training my neighbors mare for her to make some cash ,, for bills and regular stuff,,,,now that you have an idea of my life kinda,, here is the rest ,, now even after i left the hospital,, it hadnt even crossed my mind ,, to sue the store or hole them responsible,, really,, i just dont think that way,,, however the more i thought about it,, and with every timy bump of that injury made me scream in pain,,, it began to cross my mind,, then the very next afternoon again,, myslef nad family go to the wal mart,,, my husband and i giggled ,, that they probably hadnt even cleaned up the mess that was made,,, well wouldnt ya know it,, we seen,,, all the weights,, on the floor still not put back,, someone had shoved them against the wall ,,but doesnt that even seem more neglegent,, since these are the ''round ''type weights,, that obviously can ''ROLL''??? well we looked closer,, and we found out,, that every other weight,, was placed in box,s,, with individual slots,, for each weight,, and then also every shelf , had a lip on the end ,, so nothing could roll from it,,,,, well just so happends,,,, these weights,,were NOT the same,, they were set on a regular shelf with NO LIP,, or box or any type of support just stacked up on one another up on a high shelf,, my son injured his elbow and wrist,, didnt seek medical attentian,, but still ,, got hurt,, my 4 year old daughter,stood right behind me,, when this hapeend,, the shelf is about 6 inches higher then her head!! if she was stadning where i was,, it would have have seriously injured her,, or very possibly killed her ,, and crushed her skull!! can you now see where my anger forms,,, why were these weights not in the same set up as ALL the rest ,, then why were they if not in a box,, put on a bottom shelf,, or lower,, instead they just stack them on a 4 foot high shelf????? any person in the right mind can see this seems very careless,, you dont see guns on the bottom shelves,, or knives just stacked up anywhere,, or even all power tools are set up out of reach and in safety holders of some kind,,, go ahead go to any wal mart or retail store and look for your self,, then picture how these were stacked ,, and then think of a preschool girl standing directly below them,,, ,, this is what was and is still on my mind!!!! i knocked my daughter over almost just trying to jump out of the way of the rest so my foot wouldnt have been crushed!!! not a regualr night out for my family,,, not at all,,,i want them to pay!! we have medical insureance,, so thats already paid,, but these darn retail stores carry insureance for this type of thing,, why shouldnt i or any body else that gets injured while there,,at the stores neglegence,, get some compensation for this??? i have never sued anybody,, or even been in court, i am ignorant in any direction now,, i had to do a phone statement to a claims gal from wal mart,,, but now where do i go and what do i do,, how much $$$$$ is an average for this?? how much should i demand??

This is very hard to read...Please edit this...put in proper capitalization, punctuation and some paragraphs....You will get more responses that way....:)

inury/walmart

:confused: I am sorry that my inability to spell or type my thread correctly confused you while reading it,however I dont see how it makes any less sense,the way i entered it,as i am sure ''most'' people will be able to read it and figure out what i,m asking,if not well i guess i will not visit this forum any longer,I have already alot of attacks on other posters from other posters,,,this is not why we post questions on this forum is it??? To get attacked about spelling/grammer/mis types//etc??

ENASNI

inury/walmart said:
:confused: I am sorry that my inability to spell or type my thread correctly confused you while reading it,however I dont see how it makes any less sense,the way i entered it,as i am sure ''most'' people will be able to read it and figure out what i,m asking,if not well i guess i will not visit this forum any longer,I have already alot of attacks on other posters from other posters,,,this is not why we post questions on this forum is it??? To get attacked about spelling/grammer/mis types//etc??
You were not attacked, and you will get more responses if you edit your post.

inury/walmart

I may go over look it again,, but please bare in mind that not everyone who comes to this forum to ask for help in any way,may not be the best spellers and may not know correct punctuation either,i just get in a big hurry most times,and mistype ALOT of words,thankx for advice

JETX

Sorry, but my time is too valuable to read your novel..... will wait for the abridged version.

Just Blue

inury/walmart said:

I did not attack you...I asked VERY NICELY to edit for correct capitalization, punctuation and some paragraphs...So that YOU would get more responses...I put in the yellow smile face to let you know that this is not meant to be nasty or mean...Just some advice to help you get more responses for your post...

Whatever!

mlane58

baystategirl---don't pay any attention, the weights in question probably fell on her freak'in head and now she just snaps uncontrollably at anyone who trys to assist her.

GODDAMN B**CH, PEOPLE JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU-----

Oh I'm sorry, it might be contagious, stand back!

inury/walmart

:rolleyes: no ,, but what i ahve seen in just one day on this forum,, is that many of you,, get off just reading these other posters threads,, and then doing all you can to make them feel incredibly,, ignorant,,!! i just (unlike i,m sure most of you),, have never been involved in ANY type of injury or other claim,, so i was looking for some advice,, or i should say,, some useful advice,, all of the adolecent/inmature/and flat out rude posts,, so far just prove how ,,ignorant people can be and are!!!!! no wonder insureance agencies dont want to pay claims,, i see a few of you ahve been trying to file claims and WIN ,, since a year ago,,, so who is B**CH ??? i suppose some of you think of ways to have an accident every day so you may possibly win some cash,, maybe a job is better huh??!!! i didnt ask for all these flames,, just for advice,,

Just Blue

inury/walmart said:
:rolleyes: no ,, but what i ahve seen in just one day on this forum,, is that many of you,, get off just reading these other posters threads,, and then doing all you can to make them feel incredibly,, ignorant,,!! i just (unlike i,m sure most of you),, have never been involved in ANY type of injury or other claim,, so i was looking for some advice,, or i should say,, some useful advice,, all of the adolecent/inmature/and flat out rude posts,, so far just prove how ,,ignorant people can be and are!!!!! no wonder insureance agencies dont want to pay claims,, i see a few of you ahve been trying to file claims and WIN ,, since a year ago,,, so who is B**CH ??? i suppose some of you think of ways to have an accident every day so you may possibly win some cash,, maybe a job is better huh??!!! i didnt ask for all these flames,, just for advice,,[/QUOTE]

And I gave advice! You wanted help...I was trying to HELP you...But ..Whatever! ...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">