• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom wants child back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wowie

Hey there!! I am asking this for an absent friend, so I do not know all of the story, but I thought that I would ask about what I do know. . . it is kind of long, so bear with me:) thanks

She is a Wisconsin resident...she has a child that was born out of wedlock. After the birth she then married the father of the child. I think that she had him added to the brth cert. They never consummated the marriage.

She and he both want a divorce. Problem is that he was trying to kick her out and she took that opportunity to leave. Well, she left all the way to North Carolina. However, she did not take her child because she did not want to create a kidnapping case. She is seeing someone. He is seeing someone. She has made contact with her soon to be ex and he has all of her info.

Can they file an annulment since the child was not really part of the marriage? (if she didn't add him to the birth cert)

What are her chances of getting custody of her child since she left. . .for the good of both of them?

Any steps that she should take to make this process easier?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">