• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEW YORK DIVORCE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SKYHILL43

I AM CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE BROUGHT BY MY WIFE AFTER 22 1/2 OF MARRAIGE. THE HOUSE (DEED) & MORGAGE ARE IN MY WIFE'S NAME. SHE ALSO EARNS MORE THEN ME. WE HAVE TWO CHILDREN 13 & 8 SHE HAS A 401K ABOUT $11,000 & AN IRA $62,000 (CURRENT MARKET VALUE) ALSO THE EQUITY IN THE HOUSE IS ABOUT 150,000. SHE ALSO HAS (HAD)11,000 IN STOCK IN AOL WHICH SHE JUST "CASHED OUT" & GAVE TO HER FATHER TO; AS SHE PUT IT "TO PAY HIM BACK, (1ST EXCUSE) TO PAY BILLS (2ND EXCUSE) QUESTIONS: SINCE SHE HAS THE KIDS, SHE OF COURSE WANTS THE HOUSE BUT DOES NOT WANT ME TO RETAIN ANY INTEREST IN THE HOUSE. THE ONLY THING SHE WANTS TO GIVE ME IS THE IRA & THE 401 & THATS IT. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS & WHERE DO I STAND? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! SHE IS ALSO TELLING HER FRIENDS THAT THE REASON SHE IS GETTING A DIVORCE IS BECAUSE I DO NOT MAKE ENOUGH MONEY. THIS SI SOME MESS & GETTING WORSE!

R

REParker819

First of all, you need to rewrite your post and not use capital letters. It looks like you are shouting at everyone. Use paragraphs and someone might be able to help you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">