• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car hits open door in parking lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Always lookout

What is the name of your state? NC

A parking attendant lead me to a parking spot for a concert. I was parked and had my door open to get out and another car pulled extremely fast into the parking spot beside me. My door was already open (but it was not over the parking spot lines), and her car hit my open door and her side mirror was pushed back into her car and it also scratched the side of her car. I can see no damage on my car, but she states its my fault. We did not call the police, but we did exchange insurance information. Could I be liable for her car?

averad

So she hit you while parked? If she hit a tree would it be the trees fault?

Maybe im wrong stay tuned for smarter people.

plp

It's her fault. Call your insurance company and file a report so they have it on record if/when she calls them.

C

Betty

I agree - it was her fault. However, do call your ins. co. & make a report. Your ins. co. should always be called, no matter whose fault the accident was, if there was any damage to either car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">