• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collection of fees after signed contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rdrector

What is the name of your state? MD
Purchased a new vehicle 4 weeks ago, contract was signed by both parties. Received a letter from the dealership stating they had forgot to add tag and title fees and want immediate payment. After reviewing the contract it appears that they did in fact place an "x" in the area of these fees. Reviewing the contract doesn't disclose whom would be liable for errors. Am I responsible for the error or is the dealership?

rdrector said:
What is the name of your state? MD
Purchased a new vehicle 4 weeks ago, contract was signed by both parties. Received a letter from the dealership stating they had forgot to add tag and title fees and want immediate payment. After reviewing the contract it appears that they did in fact place an "x" in the area of these fees. Reviewing the contract doesn't disclose whom would be liable for errors. Am I responsible for the error or is the dealership?

My first instinct says they have to eat it on this, but then I thought of the DMV.

But then again I think they have to eat it.:confused:

I am still on the see-saw. Let me get my head together while others might stop in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">