• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money delayed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danaan

What is the name of your state? NC

I have a 401K account through my job.....some weeks back, I requested a loan from my account, following proper procedures and was told that a check was sent to me on March 3. I did notice that on March 1, my account was debited the amount of the check, plus 50 dollar processing fee. I was told that the check would take 3-5 business days, and when I requested this, I stressed that it was urgent that I receive it as soon as possible. The check never arrived, finally I got the company to stop payment on the check and reissue me one sent overnight, after I had to pay for the UPS delivery. The original delay or loss of the check did a great deal of harm to me finances, and the stress and anxiety over this had me in the ER with panic attacks and dangerously high blood pressure. I called the company every day and was told that check was in the mail (incidentally, the original check has still never arrived). I feel that the delay/loss or perhaps never been mailed scenario has caused me a great deal of financial, emotional and even physical stress, and I would like to take some action against the company,,,after all, it was money I had contributed to. Is this possible or something I should just forget?

Thanks

fairisfair

Probably something you will have to forget and live with. Unfortunately, the company cannot control the mail, and it does seem that they attended to your requests promptly and professionally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">