• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

international, divorce and child custody--simple question, but no answer yet.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yin110

This is a simple question but I find it is very hard to get an answer.

My husband and I are both Chinese. we married in China in 1993, then, we went to Italy. My daughter was born in Italy in January 1996. I went to Australia for my PhD, from Italy in Augest 1996. so, we left my daughter half year in each side of the grandparents in China from Aug. 1996-september 1997. My husband(left Italy) and daughter(left China) joined me in Canberra on September 1997, as Australian permenant residents.

My husband got a job offer from Chicago in May 1998, as i was studing, and he earn three times more, so we decided our daughter followed him to chicago with agreement. From that time to now, I frequently flied between canberra and chicago, total time is more than one year, with them in Chicago. The longest time my daughter with my husband alone, is one year and one month.

I was granted Australian citizenship in Oct. 2000.

Now, I almost finish my PhD, and i have a new postdoc offer from Germany. my husband threat me to divorce if i take the offer.

My main problems are:

1) If we divorce, where should we apply the divorce?

2) He refuses to let my daughter to leave him to stay with me, is there any chance that I can have her with me? How?

I do not think I am able to start a court case and hire lawers. Do please help me if you know anything that can be related to my case. I am very grateful to any possible help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">