• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a Speeding Ticket in NY, but I'm a tourist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarloSR

What is the name of your state? I was in NY.

So I was driving from Canada, and in a town called Queenbury a cop pulls me because I'm driving too fast, according to him I was doing 83MPH, but everyone was doing that, It was on I87....

Anyways, I gave him my local drivers D.R. licence and my local D.R. address. He gave me the ticket, but I'm already out of USA and back in my country, so what should I do ?

Thanks,

Carlos.What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

pay the ticket...

Unless you want me to show up and take a wizz on your front lawn.

Only a damn canadian would think it's just fine to break the law while they are a guest in another country.:rolleyes:

bozek

same thing here. I was a tourist in California last month and got a speeding ticket. I wanted to pay my bail amount but after a month and a half I got the ticket (I left the country about 2 weeks ago), they entered my ticket to the system and operator told me that it was a mandatory appearance and I must appear in the court. When I told her that I was 10.000 miles from California and not planning to return anytime soon, she told me about arrest warrant and all that stuff. I don't have a CA driving license, I was a tourist on B1/B2, and my visa already expired, so I think I am no one. What do you think I should do?

moburkes

same thing here. I was a tourist in California last month and got a speeding ticket. I wanted to pay my bail amount but after a month and a half I got the ticket (I left the country about 2 weeks ago), they entered my ticket to the system and operator told me that it was a mandatory appearance and I must appear in the court. When I told her that I was 10.000 miles from California and not planning to return anytime soon, she told me about arrest warrant and all that stuff. I don't have a CA driving license, I was a tourist on B1/B2, and my visa already expired, so I think I am no one. What do you think I should do?
This thread is 3 years old. Just WHAT is your problem?

Okay. I re-read. A year old. Still, what is your problem?

bozek

well first, if I read correctly, it says 2006 for the first post, so it is 1 year old. second, I am not bumping the topic, I'm just explaining my problem about a very similar issue. So, basically, I have no problem. But obviously you do. get a life, and learn some math

seniorjudge

well first, if I read correctly, it says 2006 for the first post, so it is 1 year old. second, I am not bumping the topic, I'm just explaining my problem about a very similar issue. So, basically, I have no problem. But obviously you do. get a life, and learn some math
Why are you necroposting?

Why are you hijacking this thread?

Why don't you start your own thread?

moburkes

I suppose you didn't re-read my edited message. You learn math.

bozek

Why are you necroposting?

Why are you hijacking this thread?

Why don't you start your own thread?
Because it took me almost an hour to find a similar thread, and even this wasn't properly answered so I thought maybe this time someone would answer instead of making smart-ass remarks. Obviously, I was wrong.
BTW, look at the definitions of necroposting and hijacking. It is always good to know something before you use it in a sentence.

moburkes

You'll get lots of help with that attitude.

From wiki:

Bumping old or inactive ("dead") threads is occasionally called "necroposting"

Here is a more lengthy explanation:

When starting a new thread don't just reply to a message sent by someone else and clear the subject line. Not all e-mail and news clients behave like yours and will thread messages correctly based on the "Message-ID:", "In-Reply-To:" and "References:" headers embedded in the messages. Only programs which don't comply with Internet standards sort messages by subject and call that "threading". When you simply change the subject of a message, all of the threading information remains intact and your new "thread" simply continues at the end of the old one. This is called thread hijacking.

By doing this, you're shooting yourself in the foot twice over. First of all, people following a thread don't want to see unrelated messages cropping up in the middle of it. The most complacent will just delete your message without reading it, others will killfile you, some having complained to you asking you to learn how to post. Secondly, those who aren't interested in the hijacked thread and who have set their programs to ignore it won't even see your message.

If you want to start a new thread then use your mailer's/newsreader's "New Message" function. This will start a fresh thread of your own without any traces of previous threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">