• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

infertility??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nani67

When you find out that your spouse is infertile after marriage is that grounds for a divorce? If we want a child, we would have to do invitro and cost 7-8 thousand dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LegalBeagle

nani67 said:
When you find out that your spouse is infertile after marriage is that grounds for a divorce? If we want a child, we would have to do invitro and cost 7-8 thousand dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is called love, it has no price.

If the person knew they were infertile and hid this fact, then you could, depending on the state, get an annulment.. but otherwise you can get a divorce if you no longer want to live/love/want them..

MySonsMom

nani67 said:
You know what....It took me 3 years, and 2 miscarriages to get my son...If my husband EVER thought about leaving me because I couldn't or had problems getting pregnant, then that would tell me that I shouldn't be with him anyway. I can't believe that you would consider divorce just because of infertility..WOW!

LegalBeagle

One of my collegues found out he was infertile after marriage. They have spent many many hours looking at other options and costs etc.. After all that research they have found a doctor who can fix the problem.. there are fixes out there, you just need to look for them.. and if all else fails, then adopt. There are many homeless children out there...

Personally I like my idea to him better as it would have cost him nothing.. and his wife is good looking so I would not have minded helping..

S

sweetboop

Experiencing same situatiion!/please read!!!!

Last Saturday my husband & I had a big fight, because he wants a baby, like NOW! We have be trying for 14 years. He was tested & is fine, but I have the problem with ovulating. I have had many tests, the next step would be Artificle Inseminatiion or IVF(removing my egg,mixing with sperm, inplanting fertilized egg back in). He stopped speaking to me, sexual relations, even saying hello! Since August 2000. Iam at the end of my ropes, pulse women call my house harrassing me, Iam a very good wife & person. I work over 40 hours a week, with a full-time job, here in New York City. I cook complete meals, house is clean,he has no complaints, I met him when I was 19 & he was 32, I have been his freind, mother & wife, doing more for him then his own family. Now Iam thinking about DIVORCE, because their is no more love, respect,trust only emotional abuse. My union has lawyers for $100.00 for the complete paper work, everything, if someone really loves you their is nothing that person won'nt do. If you love that person for better or worse, live up to those words, sit down & ask that person how do they feel about the problem. My husband is the selfish one,who wants a biological child only, he says"I should have told him I could'nt have children before I married him" like I knew!!!! The doctor did'nt say that I could'nt, just need to try other alternatives. iF you love that person, you should not give up on them.

Hang in their, LOVE IS NEVER ASKING WHY!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">