• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Agent's Not Listing My Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnyside

What is the name of your state? CA
I just signed up a 3 month contract with an agent to list my property in the MLS last
May 1st, 2006. It's now May 10th and I don't see my property being listed yet. She's ignoring my calls and emails. What should I do in this case? How can I cancel my contract with her for non-performance when I can't even contact her. Any help is appreciated.:mad:

seniorjudge

sunnyside said:
What is the name of your state? CA
I just signed up a 3 month contract with an agent to list my property in the MLS last
May 1st, 2006. It's now May 10th and I don't see my property being listed yet. She's ignoring my calls and emails. What should I do in this case? How can I cancel my contract with her for non-performance when I can't even contact her. Any help is appreciated.:mad:
Q: What should I do in this case?

A: Call her broker and tell the broker that you are firing this lousy agent and you want something in writing from the broker today acknowledging the cancellation. Then go to the real estate office and camp out till you get that acknowledgment.

sunnyside

The agent's office and the property I'm selling is 450 miles away from my residence and when I call their office, it's always a voice mail. I work full time and I really can't take a chance to pay them a visit when no one's there to file my complaint with. So should I just write a letter to the broker or file a complaint with the state board?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">