• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adivce please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashlee91977

What is the name of your state? California
I'll try to make this as short as possible. My fiance has joint legal and physical custody his 9 year old daughter. Court order states that transportation is to be shared by both parties. WE've had his daughter since last thursday. WE let her mom know that she needed to pick her up by 7am on friday because we both ahd to be out of town for work. Well she didnt show up or call at 7 so my fiance called her and she said her mom would pick her up in a little while. by 9am she had not been picked up and told her dad that she wanted to stay with us. My fiance let her mom know and all I know is she was here when i got hom that night. :) Well, her mom does not call or show up friday night we finally hear from her saturday and she lets us know she will pick her up sunday night. the last time we heard from her mom was yesterday at 140 pm and she stated she would pick up their daughter that night because she wanted to take her to a movie. Well we waited and waited she did not call or show up. IT is now Sunday night and almost 1130 pm and we still have not heard from her. this is normal behavior for her. She refuses to pick up her daughter. Thursday when my fiance went to pick up their daughter her mom started a huge argument which scared my daughter. My daughter told me that she was "afraid her sister's mom was going to kill my dad". SD stated that her mom is always angry adn that she feels like her mom hates her. We want custody and plan to fight for it this sumer. what can we do about this weekend. Should we call child protective services and file abandonment? I am toally new to all this so any advice is ver much appreciated. Thank you! :)

Ashlee

Ashlee91977

Wow no one has any ideas? :confused: We are so at a loss. Do we take her back tomorrow because of school, keep her until her mom picks her up even if she misses the last few days of school, call CPS, or call the PD... what's the best thing for us to do? Please help I would greatly appreciate it. thank you! :)

Ashlee

Ashlee91977 said:
Wow no one has any ideas? :confused: We are so at a loss. Do we take her back tomorrow because of school, keep her until her mom picks her up even if she misses the last few days of school, call CPS, or call the PD... what's the best thing for us to do? Please help I would greatly appreciate it. thank you! :)

Ashlee
If you still have the child, my suggestion would be to take her to school. It's one am here in Cali...so your not going to hear from a lawyer before she needs to be to school. Think about what is best for the child, and do that. Not what you want to do to get back at mom or make her look bad.

Ashlee91977

We are planning on taking her to school, but should we pick her up and keep her until her mom picks her up or just let her mom pick her up from school? I'm really not trying to make her mom look bad or good, but we would like to know what we can do to document anything and if so what do we do to get things we need documented so when we do go to court to try and get custody we have a leg to stand on. That's all. :) Thank you for your help. :)

Ashlee

GrowUp!

Ashlee91977 said:

Ashlee
Good Lord, woman! You started your thread at 2 in the freaking morning on a Sunday night/Monday morning!!!! Then you come back not even 2 hours later and are shocked there wasn't a response???? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GrowUp!

Ashlee91977 said:
What is the name of your state? California
I'll try to make this as short as possible. My fiance has joint legal and physical custody his 9 year old daughter. Court order states that transportation is to be shared by both parties. WE've had his daughter since last thursday. WE let her mom know that she needed to pick her up by 7am on friday because we both ahd to be out of town for work. Well she didnt show up or call at 7 so my fiance called her and she said her mom would pick her up in a little while. by 9am she had not been picked up and told her dad that she wanted to stay with us. My fiance let her mom know and all I know is she was here when i got hom that night. :) Well, her mom does not call or show up friday night we finally hear from her saturday and she lets us know she will pick her up sunday night. the last time we heard from her mom was yesterday at 140 pm and she stated she would pick up their daughter that night because she wanted to take her to a movie. Well we waited and waited she did not call or show up. IT is now Sunday night and almost 1130 pm and we still have not heard from her. this is normal behavior for her. She refuses to pick up her daughter. Thursday when my fiance went to pick up their daughter her mom started a huge argument which scared my daughter. My daughter told me that she was "afraid her sister's mom was going to kill my dad". SD stated that her mom is always angry adn that she feels like her mom hates her. We want custody and plan to fight for it this sumer. what can we do about this weekend. Should we call child protective services and file abandonment? I am toally new to all this so any advice is ver much appreciated. Thank you! :)

Ashlee
Abandonment?! Child protective services?! :rolleyes:

Please pull out the order and type EXACTLY who has parenting time and when during the week.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You cannot call CPS. the child was not abandoned but was left with her father. mom was not responsible in your opinion but she was also not completely irresponsible as the person the child was left with was her dad. Dad has JUST as much responsibility as mom when it comes to raising the child. File for custody if this is a pattern with mom but you are slighting dad's role in the child's life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">