• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can i have.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maddie

i left my husband after 31 years and moved to another state.all i took at the time was about half of my cloths.That was 3 months ago.Now he is fileing for a devorce on the grounds that i abandoned him and claimes i have no right to anything that is left in the house.He said i could have the rest of my cloths if i get them within 60 days but i can't have anything else. There are many things there that were bought for me and bought by me that i would like.I had worked for 15 years to buy some of those things. There are also things given to me by my children and grandchildren i would like as well as gifts from friends.Can you please tell me what i have a right to if any. I told him 2 weeks before i left and he watched me pack the cloths i took.He even helped me put them in the car when i left.

thanking you in advance
ps.i'm from ny state maddie

LegalBeagle

maddie said:
i left my husband after 31 years and moved to another state.all i took at the time was about half of my cloths.That was 3 months ago.Now he is fileing for a devorce on the grounds that i abandoned him and claimes i have no right to anything that is left in the house.He said i could have the rest of my cloths if i get them within 60 days but i can't have anything else. There are many things there that were bought for me and bought by me that i would like.I had worked for 15 years to buy some of those things. There are also things given to me by my children and grandchildren i would like as well as gifts from friends.Can you please tell me what i have a right to if any. I told him 2 weeks before i left and he watched me pack the cloths i took.He even helped me put them in the car when i left.

thanking you in advance
ps.i'm from ny state maddie
After 31 years of marriage, you are entilited to more than the cloths on your back... as well as any pensions etc, there is also the house. I suggest you get an attorney NOW or you will get screwed in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">