• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal mischief

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Tx

Last year me and my gf got into a argument she left the house and i didnt want to leave after she told me to(it was my house to) so she threatened to call the cops on me so i started packin my stuff.. I was getting one of the boxes from the top of the closet down WITH MY STUFF IN IT) when it fell and hit the ground and just out of anger and frustration I punched the flimsy closet door and damaged it, well anways somebody ened up callin the cops( a nieghbor) and they got there they saw the mess and assumed it was her belonings on the floor damaged and broken and they saw the wall and asked me about it i told them it was from a fight from a year ago that it wasnt recent. K well i was areested for criminal mischief and after i was taking away they asked my gf if that hole in the wall was there before she said she didnt know.end of that

so what i wanna know would it be in my best intrest to either stick with the story and tell them it was from the last fight or should i just tell them the truth that i honestly didnt mean to damage the door the way i did, that i just punched the door because i had dropped all my frickin stuff

anmd also what is the actual defintion of criminal mischief in texas?

Ohiogal said:
You should NEVER lie to the police.You should have kept your mouth shut but not have lied.
At the time i was on prescription xanax i really was not think strait at all.. and no i dont plan to use that as a defense But i mean i THINK the defintion of criminal mishchief is causing damage to someones personal property to inflict a finacial loss orbasically to be just plain mean. I wasnt trying to do either i did it because i got mad that my stuff fell. Usually im a really calm and nice person but that day i dont know what was wrong with me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">