• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Keying Accusation and Potential Sentencing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikhah

What is the name of your state? OH

I went to renew my car reg the other day and found out that I had a warrant out for my arrest. I immediately contacted the Legal Services at Wright State University - where I attend - and we got the warrant off. It was on because some guy is accusing me of keying his car and, though given my Drivers License info by the cop he filed a report with, he then took this information and wrote it differently for the Prosecutor. In other words, I was never informed of any such accusations or Court Summons.

Anyway, my attorney hasn't really been in touch with me much, and hasn't returned any of my emails. I got a letter today saying the date. I'm wanting to know what I'm potentially looking at here. I don't know the accuser but the report says that he and two friends "believe" that I keyed their car(s) (I'm not sure which it is saying), though later in the Prosecutor's filing they say they absolutely saw me. In the initial report, they said that they only "believed" that I was responsible since they "saw" me walk between their cars to my van. This, they say, was after an argument with me. I am, however, described by them as having "dark hair" when my hair is blond, and I even had (and have) a shaven head (as I do on my DL pic).

I drive a common blue Minivan and if I had to guess I would say that they saw me get into my van (which they say was beside their cars), and assumed I was the guy they got in an argument with. They say this happened at a Sprint Store in a location next to a Wild Oats that I do shop at. Nevertheless, I don't use that Sprint Store and don't have Sprint service. Again, it seems they think I am some guy they got in an argument with in their store.

I informed my attorney of all of this and he hasn't really gone anywhere with it. I am a full time student (returning to school), and a father of 3. I need to know what I am facing, as my attorney says it it hard to beat anything that three people say they saw you do (apparently even when they say they didn't see you do it on the initial police report).

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">