• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 7 Motion to Reopen: Notice Regarding Nonconforming Document

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

batorideikou

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I recently filed a template Chapter 7 Motion to Reopen that I obtained from one of this site's members, and am a little confused about the reply I got back from the court. Verbatim, it says the following (sans justifications and spacing):

Notice Regarding Nonconforming Document

The Motion To Reopen Chapter 7 Case that submitted has been accepted for filing. This document fails to conform to either the Bankruptcy Code, Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, or Local Bankruptcy Rules. Please file the documents checked below:

(for the sake of expediency and succinctness, I've only included the checked boxes' text)

- A proposed order of court should be submitted for the motion, application, objection to claim, or complaint within 10 days of the date of this notice is issued. The pleading may be stricken if the proposed order is not timely filed. The case may be dismissed without further notice if the motion requests an extension of time to complete the bankruptcy petition, and the order is not submitted within 10 days of the date of this notice.

- Other: The Document received was not signed. Please re-submit this motion with a *sic* original signature.

Now, how can my motion be accepted if the document fails to conform? Is it ONLY because I didn't sign it, or does that first "checked" reason (i.e. - the "proposed order of court...." reason) constitute something else that's wrong? Is there something else I have to file? Order of court = Motion to Reopen (since it says motion, application, etc etc next to it), or....? I have to file this in 4 days now, so any help would be appreciated. Also, it included a request for payment to reopen, so I would almost assume that the signature is what's wrong/missing, but I just want to make sure before I send a $260 check/MO and misunderstand something and then those funds get tied up or absorbed or something. Again, any "deciphering" help is appreciated.

slobbydog

need sample motion to reopen chapter 7 bankrupcy

state- CA

need sample motion to file to reopen chapter 7 afer discharge and motion to amend schedule F. PLEASE can anyone send it to me? my email [email protected]. Thanks!

Indiana Filer

I'm sorry but I believe your name calling was totally uncalled for.
What name calling? Are you referring to my signature line? If you're going to use the 'net, you need to find out about signatures, or you're going to be offended often.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">