• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA ARD program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmh234

What is the name of your state? PA
I Just got a DUI last night with a BAC of .112, the officer told me i was going to be eligible for ARD and he would recommend me for it. I was wondering if anyone can give me a general idea of what i can expect in terms of the time ill lose my license, amount of fine, term of probation etc. thanks

paguy88

What is the name of your state? PA
I Just got a DUI last night with a BAC of .112, the officer told me i was going to be eligible for ARD and he would recommend me for it. I was wondering if anyone can give me a general idea of what i can expect in terms of the time ill lose my license, amount of fine, term of probation etc. thanks

Licenece Loss is based on BAC..

.08-.99 no lose of licneces
.10-.159 30 days.
.160 and more 60 days.

fines will be from 1200.00 to 1400 or so..

probation 6 months too 2 years... you should get about 1 year with that BAC would be my guess..

you also have to take a CRN eval.. that will determine what classes you have too take you already have to take the 12.5 Achahol safe driving classes but you may test into another based on how you anwser the questions so be careful.... these alother classes are called track I track II track III Track 4 ect.. each of them have AA meeting attached too them.. so when they ask how much do you drink ect... dont say you drink a bottle of crown royal every night... or you will be getting some of these track classes.. I would stick with beer... as a anwser..

probation reporting depends on the county that it happened in. My county is no reporting but I live in a very large county... wehave around 12,000 people at any given time on ARD probation.

basic things you have too do it don't get arrested during probation or they will go after you on the DUI if you do... if you move tell the probation office your new addy... stuff like that.. but that's the county I live in smaller ones may have you do community service.. some have as litle as 4 hrs some I have heard ask for as much as 50 hrs... again depends on where you are...

Oh one more thing... they don't tell you this but you get 5 points from Penn Dot for the DL suspension.. so if you have any points on your driving record expect another letter in the mail from Penn Dot for the first time you hit 6 points you have too take a written test with in 30 days and pass it or you will be suspened until you do pass the test..

ARD stays on your drivers record for 10 years.. you may also get higher insurance rate if the insurance company catches it..... another surprise they don't tell you..

I would suggest not getting a lawyer.. as the DA if they would recomend you for ARD.. if the cop is going too I am sure the DA will.. save you another 500 too 2000 bucks for a lawyer.

godd luck hope you learned your lession. don't drink and drive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">