• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex and new spouse have same name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katherine0153

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have an issue concerning my name and my Exs new spouse to be. We have the same name. Is there any information regarding such a situation? My daughter is disabled and is in and out of the hospital repeatedly. I have concerns as the new spouse being able to portray herself as me, especially where my daughter is concerned and my daughter's medical necessities.

LdiJ

I have an issue concerning my name and my Exs new spouse to be. We have the same name. Is there any information regarding such a situation? My daughter is disabled and is in and out of the hospital repeatedly. I have concerns as the new spouse being able to portray herself as me, especially where my daughter is concerned and my daughter's medical necessities.
Unfortunately, that sort of thing HAS been known to happen. What you need to do is be as visible as possible, so that the doctors and nurses that are familiar with your child, know who you are.

mistoffolees

Start using your middle name on documents and ask the doctor to put a note in his file to only talk with you (and ex if you have joint custody) and no one else.

Farfalla

Just a thought here... wonder if the doc's office would agree to put a photo of you in their file as further identification of which person with that name is actually the mother?

ytie94do

Also, for when there is telephone communication, you can request that no information be exchanged until you give the proper passphrase... similar to when you pick up someone's kids and tell them the secret word/passphrase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">