• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

valid vs perfected

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

heartlandex

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I filled back in july and the case was closed in oct. We had problems with Ford Motor Credit not wanting to send reaffermation papers on a vehicle but they said that i could continue to pay and everything would be ok. Told Att. and he checked and was told by FMC that the lein was not perfected on the car, Att. has the idea to tell the Bk trustee that since no perfected lein is in place the debt on the car is gone in the BK and the car now becomes an asset of the BK. Trustee takes said car and sells it back to me at a greatly reduced rate compared to what i owed but not much under blue book. i got a letter the other day from FMC saying that since my payments stopped coming they want me to surrender the car they say they have a valid lein but wont provide proof of a perfected lein. I guess i said all that to just ask if anyone has ever heard of something like this before and if it is not a perfected lein do i have a leg to stand on or is my Att. and ass. just wondering

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">