• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support modification with a twist.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

As part of my strategy in my relocation etc. case I had filed for a modification of CS, to justify changed circumstances I noted CP was taking cut of 8yr. old's income from modeling and acting.(her income for initial CS
determination was -0- with -0- imputed in '94.) I also know ex now has a real estate licence in FL. Final agreement also states that CS ends at age of majority, death of minor or minor becoming self-supportive. Here's the twist: I can prove kid's '99 income claimed through tax info from SS but I sent with modification paperwork an extra copy of the standard interrogatory and financial affidavit to be filled out by the CP on behalf of the minor. She refuses to divulge any info on childs earnings to me despite shared joint custody status. Comes now in the mail a Motion for Protective Order based on the minor not being a party to this matter. Paperwork claims I improperly submitted the paperwork to a minor (not what I wrote in my petition)
and that I should be assessed attorneys fees for failure to comply with the rules of the court.

I know there are pitfalls in pro se representation, but did I make a big goof or are they blowing smoke? I know she has
to come clean on the minor's income eventually, so I guess the question is do I just state my case at this hearing
and hope common sense prevails or is there a method in Fl
or elsewhere for petitioning for the info re. the minor.

Also, I though protective orders were for endangerment issues, can they be requested to hide financial and other info?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I don't know how I could help you without seeing your "Disovery" documents and their Motion against you.

Jyoung, it's time (most definately) for you to get an in-person, mano a mano, face-to-face, consultation with an attorney. If it's the type of motion I'm thinking of, this could blow your case and cost you tons of money.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">