• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue for abandonding mediation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny

After attending mediation for several months she decided to adandon the effort saying that is was not being managed fairly. We used the top mediator in the area and he worked hard to make sure it was fair so i would argue against her claim. That cost me about $5000 before starting with the courts and I want to take her to small claims by arguing that she could have made that decision after 1 or 2 visits not for several months. Thanks
sigh....

What is going on that you want to sue everyone?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

After attending mediation for several months she decided to adandon the effort saying that is was not being managed fairly. We used the top mediator in the area and he worked hard to make sure it was fair so i would argue against her claim. That cost me about $5000 before starting with the courts and I want to take her to small claims by arguing that she could have made that decision after 1 or 2 visits not for several months. Thanks
No, you can't sue her in small claims for that.

You seem to be in a very litigious mood this morning ... why do you think that is?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

No. You do not have a rational basis for a lawsuit.

If your ex-wife were a completely unreasonable person in this divorce, she would have had her head handed back to her on a platter in court. (Metaphorically speaking, of course.)

The fact that you are here would indicate that you did not get everything you wanted when it went through court, so perhaps your ex-wife had a point about quitting mediation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">