• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conned into Investing in Small Business and Guy Disappeared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teddiewest

Issue: I was conned (or he was a good liar) into investing in a stupid penis enhancing pill business. We wrote a very simple contract out and I wrote a check out for $5000.00 to the guy. After that, the guy never contacted me about what was going on and I saw no money and I don't know where my money went. He ignores my emails and calls now. Stupid mistake on my part and will never do this again.

Question: What should I do about this? Is it even possible to get my money back (full or partial)?

ih8idiots

Without knowing all the details of what you were promised to receive in return for your $5000 investment, it sounds like you're screwed. If it was truly an investment (not a loan) that's the risk you take, by investing in a company/business you're in no way guaranteed a return on you're money. Live and learn.

swalsh411

Did you actually ever meet this person or was it all done over the phone/email? How do you know a single thing this person told you was true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">