• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issues with wedding photographer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amanda Rowe

Hello, I could really use some advice. My husband and I were married last October. The agreement with our photographer was that we would have all of our pictures by mid December at the latest. We never received a full copy of our pictures until February 8th. She released some a little at a time on her facebook page, and I did really like the ones she posted on there. When I received the full copy I was horrified. I had 3 pictures of my entire wedding party together and none of them can be printed for use. 1 is far away and blurry. The sun is shining directly in our faces so we all have off looks on our faces. One of my bridesmaids in completely hidden in the shade of a tree. The other 2 we are standing under a tree in the church court yard. You can see my side of the bridal party, my husband and his groomsmens faces are completely washed out by sunlight. A lot of my pictures are either blurry or overly edited. To top that, she accidentally erased 150+ of our wedding photos. I have 0 posed full profile pictures of myself in my dress, 0 full length pictures of myself and my husband, no pictures of our entrance, cutting the cake, bouquet toss, garter toss, group family photos. They are all gone. She has refused to give us even a partial refund. Her reason is she gave us the 400 pictures stated in contract. (Even though that was stated as the minimum). She said the sunlight was a natural occurrence so that couldn't be helped. Isint a professional supposed to know how to shoot to use the natural light to her best advantage without losing our actual faces in the pictures? She said sorry so that should be enough for the 150+ pictures that arw gone. I have been nothing but cooperative and professional with her. I have had nothing but excuses since I contacted her after we received pictures. She even said she forgot to call me after I tried to reach her to resolve the issue. I'm so crushed. I don't know how to proceed. Any advice please?

PayrollHRGuy

What state are you in, how much if any have you already paid, and was there a written agreement and if so what does it say about her failure to perform?

adjusterjack

I don't know how to proceed. Any advice please?
You really don't know that small claims court is your option?

She botched the job. Sue her for your money back. Show the botched photos to the judge and see how it goes.

Meantime, call your friends and relatives. There must have been other people taking photos and videos. They can provide you with copies to supplement your photos.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">