• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal definition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickinva

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I went to court today for round one against a corporation. After court I casually talked with their representative( I know big mistake). He is trying to make this out to be about a training issue, I am claiming none of it matters it is still a violation of state codes. He is going to fight this case on one of two merrits. The first being a training issue which I can dispute , the second being the meaning of the word advertisement. This is the one which I am not sure about . What constitutes an advertisement? I say the large priceing sign that can be seen at least 1/2 way across the store is an advertisement, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance, all input is helpful.
Rick

Last edited:

BL

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I went to court today for round one against a corporation. After court I casually talked with their representative( I know big mistake). He is trying to make this out to be about a training issue, I am claiming none of it matters it is still a violation of state codes. He is going to fight this case on one of two merrits. The first being a training issue which I can dispute , the second being the meaning of the word advertisement. This is the one which I am not sure about . What constitutes an advertisement? I say the large priceing sign that can be seen at least 1/2 way across the store is an advertisement, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance, all input is helpful.
Rick
Maybe if you would state what the context of this is all about , you could get an accurate response .

rickinva

More Info

Ok I am claiming that they are doing a basic bait and switch. They have a sign that says item a in the 1lb box is a dollar. When you go to the cash register it scans it as $1.50 and what ever you do dont ask them to correct it as that would take an act of at least 3 world leaders. I want to know if the sign which is over the item and only about 4 inches by 4 inches is considered an advertisement.
I am also trying to figure out how I can get that sign in court. I have asked their permission to take a picture of it and of course they have refused. Is there some way I can force it to be brought to court or get a court order for a picture of it?

datrouper

Be devious

Have a friend with a camera phone go in and take a picture and go to court with you to witness the sign and verify they took the picture and that it is accurate.

rickinva

photo

Cant do that , they have al;ready said " NO PHOTOGRAPHY ON THE PROPERTY" but I think I am going to supeona the signs into court. Jeez being an amature and trying to understand the law is difficult.
Rick

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">